GROUP LEADER IN THE FIELD OF IT SYSTEMS SECURITY AND PRIVACY (M/F)
Your work environment
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You will be part of the LIST IT for Innovative Services department
The IT for Innovative Services (ITIS) department, with its 100 researchers and engineers, focuses on the digital transformation of operations in organizations with traditional environments and digital ecosystems, with the aim of improving their performance and innovation capacity. The common thread throughout ITIS is to develop the most efficient use of big data to ensure the most appropriate decision-making processes.
The department relies on the Data Analytics Platform: a hybrid infrastructure covering the entire range of data analytics activities. The platform is based on three pillars: a high-performance computing (HPC) infrastructure, a cognitive analytics pillar and an interactive visualization wall (Viswall).
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is appointing the R&T Associate for the RDI “Trusted Service Systems (TSS)“ Unit, of the “IT for Innovative Services” (ITIS) Department. The unit is a multidisciplinary team performing applied research in the field of building trustworthy service systems (e.g. in Logistics and supply chain management, Telecommunication, as well as in Fintech and Industry 4.0) from the perspectives of big data, optimization, and IT security.
The successful applicant will lead the SECURE group of TSS, which presently counts 8 highly motivated researchers. The group is active research, development and innovation projects in the field of IT Risk Management, Security Assurance, Cybersecurity and Data Protection at the National and European levels.
What you will be doing
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is looking for the SECURE Group Leader who will manage a team of experienced and highly qualified researchers in IT Systems Security and Privacy. Her/his main challenges will be to strengthen a work environment conducive to a constant bubbling of ideas that will allow developing innovative solutions to societal problems. The successful candidate will be responsible for fostering a positive work environment, enhancing good collaboration and teamwork, and for finding relevant synergies with other research groups at LIST and external partners at the national and international levels.
- Lead a multicultural and multidisciplinary team of researchers and create a stimulating and motivating work environment within the group;
- Be hierarchically the person responsible for the group members and assume the operational responsibility of the group’s human resources (be supportive to the team, set together challenging objectives, support the team member’s career development, be an actor of their salary review process, etc.);
- Appraise team member’s performance, identify personal development needs and promote them, ensure that development plans are effectively implemented;
- Be responsible for the scientific and technological outcomes of the group;
- Ensure the financial follow-up of the group's performances;
- Represent the group and promote its achievements internally and externally;
- Promote interdisciplinary collaboration with other RDI groups of LIST departments.
Strategy definition and implementation
- Define and propose to the Head of TSS Unit a RDI strategy for the group, aligned with the department’s strategy and with LIST missions as an RTO;
- Ensure the implementation of the SECURE group business plan;
- Ensure that the SECURE group contribution to the unit’s performance indicators is achieved;
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of innovative products and services, transferable to the private and public sectors;
- Develop relevant external collaborations (national and international), partnerships and networks.
Beside these priority responsibilities and missions, the Group Leader shall continue to develop her/his scientific and technology knowledge and directly contribute to RDI projects relying on her/his thematic expertise.
Which profile we are looking for
- PhD degree in Computer Science, with a focus on Cybersecurity, IT Security and Data Privacy
- Minimum 10-year RDI experience after the completion of PhD
- Experience in the writing of large and/or EU projects in the domain of cybersecurity, as well as in the management of those projects as a PI
- Strong experience in one or more of the following topics related to Cybersecurity and Information Security Management:
- Critical Infrastructures; IT Security; Data Privacy; Cloud Computing; IoT; Trusted Systems; Security Information and Event Management (SIEM); Security Assurance and Assessment; Multiple Criteria Decision Analysis (MCDA); Monitoring
- Knowledge and interest with regard to the following topics: Blockchain; Applied Cryptography; Privacy Preserving and Enhancing Techniques; Data Mining, Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning; Security Management; Risk Management; IT Compliance with Standards, Best Practices and Laws; Legal and regulatory requirements on data privacy (e.g. GDPR)
- Exposure in setting-up new academic and industrial collaborations
- Proven experience in the acquisition and management of RDI projects (EU and/or national)
- High-level scientific and technological track record related to the RDI group he/she’s leading
- Strong experience in developing innovative products and services and bringing to the market new technological solutions
- Challenge and result oriented mind-set
- Capacity to generate new ideas, concepts, and solutions
- Ability to collaborate within an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Good experience in team management
- Read C2Write C2Speak C2