JUNIOR R&T ASSOCIATE IN THE FIELD OF SPACE RESOURCES UTILIZATION (M/F)
Your work environment
The European Space Resources Innovation Centre (ESRIC) is a joint initiative of the Luxembourg Space Agency (LSA), the European Space Agency (ESA) and the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST). ESRIC aims to become an internationally recognized centre of expertise for scientific, technical, business and economic aspects related to the use of space resources for human and robotic exploration, as well as for a future in-space economy.
You will be part of ESRIC
ESRIC is a brand-new initiative with challenging objectives and evolving in a rapidly changing international environment. Being part of this new adventure and contributing to build successful activities with ESRIC’s partners is common to all ESRIC’s positions.
ESRIC is implemented as a department of LIST, with a dedicated governance structure that includes its partners LSA, ESA and LIST. It is conducting activities along four main areas: Research and testing facilities, Business support and incubation, Knowledge management, and Community management.
What you will be doing
You will define, implement and contribute to studies and collaborative projects on the ISRU end-to-end value chain for different use cases, work on harmonization/standardization matters, identify knowledge gaps and contribute to the development of technology roadmaps. The following tasks will be part of your daily work:
- Contribute to use case definition for ISRU derived products;
- Define, implement and contribute to ISRU value chain analysis studies and end-to-end projects for selected use cases;
- Work on harmonization and interface standardization issues;
- Implement activities and studies aimed at integrating space resources into future space exploration mission architectures;
- Support the identification of related cooperation opportunities with European and international partners;
- Analyse the space resources value chain and identify opportunities for engaging new organisations in ground- and space-based R&D activities;
- Contribute to the identification and assessment of potential commercial applications derived from space resources related technologies;
- Identify knowledge gaps and critical technologies for all the areas addressed by the various ESRIC research teams and establish and maintain an overall technology maturation plan;
- Support knowledge management activities of ESRIC and contribute to technology roadmap development;
Which profile we are looking for
- PhD in a field related to space or terrestrial resources;
- 3-5 years of professional experience after PhD, preferably in a field connected to space or terrestrial resources;
- Experience in system engineering and interdisciplinary research & development;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Entrepreneurial spirit, flexible and able to adapt;
- Excellent command of English is a must, good knowledge of German and French is an asset.
What ESRIC and LIST can offer
You will join a small and dynamic team with a daring growth objective. ESRIC has an ambitious development plan over the next years, adding further partners and expanding its activities. The team that you will be joining is expected to grow quickly with the possibility to see ESRIC evolve towards a self-standing entity in a few years.
- Read C1Write C1Speak C1
- Read B2Write B2Speak B2
- Read B2Write B2Speak B2