I-2111 - POSTDOC IN 5G NETWORK TRAFFIC ANOMALY DETECTION
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You ‘d like to contribute as a researcher? Join our IT for Innovation Services department
The IT for Innovative Services (ITIS) department, with its 100 researchers and engineers, focuses on the digital transformation of operations in organizations with traditional environments and digital ecosystems, with the aim of improving their performance and innovation capacity. The common thread throughout ITIS is to develop the most efficient use of big data to ensure the most appropriate decision-making processes.
The department relies on the Data Analytics Platform: a hybrid infrastructure covering the entire range of data analytics activities. The platform is based on three pillars: a high-performance computing (HPC) infrastructure, a cognitive analytics pillar and an interactive visualization wall (Viswall).
How will you contribute?
LIST is looking for a highly motivated candidate with proven skills in network traffic anomaly detection to work on a research project funded by Luxembourg government under the RDI law program. The project will be carried out in a collaboration between POST Luxembourg (i.e. the biggest telecom service provider in Luxembourg) and LIST. The objective of the project is to measure and secure the 5G services from a telecom operator perspective. Purpose is to develop a 5G telecom security platform (a comprehensive Telecom Intrusion Detection System) over three years to protect the POST network and its users from exploits at infrastructure level against Telecom attacks such as SMS spoofing, call and SMS interception, signaling intrusion. The objective of the platform is to bring both explicit protection towards known exploits and implicit based on machine learning and AI (Artificial Intelligence).
The specific missions of the candidate will include, but are not limited to:
- Study the 5G API ecosystem and investigate the threat landscape.
- Investigate the usage of new techniques such as SDN and NFV in the 5G API ecosystem and investigate some selected use cases.
- Define attack scenarios against the 5G API ecosystem and develop machine learning models for anomaly detection.
- Implement and evaluate the developed models and build prototypes.
Is Your profile described below? You think you are our future colleague? Apply now!
You hold a PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, combined with a background in network security, particularly network traffic anomaly detection. You also have a proven experience with R or Python programming and popular machine learning techniques. You are interested into developing a first experience with cryptographic protocols and primitives. Your experience with 5G protocols, telecom network simulators and Splunk is an advantage to your application.
On top of this you’re highly motivated, pro-active and open for new challenges? You have a good knowledge of Luxembourg and its industry? You’re the one we are looking for!
Your LIST experience will be
Passion for impact organisation with strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe working on responsible and independent research projects;
Sustainable by design notably thanks to our task force empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society;
Innovative infrastructures and exceptional Labs with more than 5,000 square meters, including innovations such as our Viswall, high scale incubators or even top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do.
Multicultural and International work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce;
Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people in fulfilling their personal and professional ambitions;
Gender friendly environment where multiple actions are made to attract, develop and retain women in Science;
32 days of paid-holiday, 11 public-holiday, flexible working hours, 13-month salary, state health insurance and lunch vouchers;
Personalised learning program to foster our people’s soft and technical skills;
We encourage curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship sparkling everywhere.
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and your experience
- A scientific CV, which includes contact details
- List of publications (and patents, if applicable)
- Contact of 2 references
Application procedure and conditions:
- LIST is an Equal Opportunity employer and committed to hiring and retaining a diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability.
- Applications will be reviewed on-going until the position is filled.
- An assessment committee will review the applications and candidate selection will rely on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities.
- The main criterion for selection will be the existing skills and expertise of the applicant and matching with the qualifications mentioned above.
- Read C1Write C1Speak C1
- Read B1Write B1Speak B1