M-21108 – EXPERIENCED ENGINEER IN NANOMATERIALS SYNTHESIS
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You ‘d like to contribute as a research engineer? Join our Materials Research and Technology department
Through its research into advanced materials and processes, the “Materials Research and Technology” (MRT) department, with its 200 researchers and engineers, contributes to the emergence of enabling technologies that underpin the innovation processes of local and international industry. MRT’s activities hinge on four thematic pillars: nanomaterials and nanotechnology, scientific instrumentation and process technology, structural composites, and functional polymers.
The department also includes four high-tech platforms, focusing on composites, prototyping, characterization and testing. These platforms serve both LIST research staff, and other stakeholders in Luxembourg.
How will you contribute?
We are looking for a highly motivated engineer to develop chemical processes in the frame of ambitious public private projects. He / She will actively participate to developments of innovative and smart nano-engineered organic-inorganic particles and formulations using cutting-edge processes. The activities include development of process recipes, their stabilisation and potential scale-up, the organisation of the synthesis facilities, the support to the research team. This position will offer the opportunity to participate to a variety of research and applied projects in closed relationship with academic and industrial partners.
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
Ideally you hold a PhD or have the equivalent experience, with at least 10 years of experience in relevant environment (RTO, industry), at the interface between physical chemistry of bio-sourced powder / colloids and surface nanotechnology. You have a strong appetite for applied research and participation to multi-projects combined to a high sense of flexibility.
Your strengths for this role are,
- Knowledge in synthesis in batch and in flow of colloidal nanostructures
- Experience in Spray drying technology
- An expertise in chemical and morphological characterisation of (nano)materials
- Ability to set up design of experiments using relevant software
- Capacity to set up new machine/set ups as necessary and to contribute to design of pilot line
- Leading process optimization, quality assurance, process reliability and scalability
- Generating and maintaining detailed work records like publication and patent
- Knowledge in project preparation and submission is considered a plus, as you will have the opportunity to lead specific tasks within the project or full projects aligned to your future role
Knowledge in the field of Colloidal formulation and rheological and mechanical properties of colloidal gel is a plus. You have a strong interest for experimental work and to be a team player in an applied research environment or an industrial context. You will report to the head of the group, and would participate in different projects of the group and transversal projects across the department
On top of being a strong team player, you have excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation), you take initiatives and are result oriented.
Skills in project management and writing are a strong plus.
Your LIST benefits
An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects;
Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society;
Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations such as our Viswall, high-scale incubators and top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do;
Multicultural and international work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce;
Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions;
Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science;
32 days’ paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, flexible working hours, 13-month salary, statutory health insurance and access to lunch vouchers;
Personalized learning programme to foster our staff’s soft and technical skills;
An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all areas.
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and your experience
- A scientific CV, which includes contact details
- List of publications (and patents, if applicable)
- Contact of 2 references
Application procedure and conditions:
- LIST is an Equal Opportunity employer and committed to hiring and retaining a diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability.
- Applications will be reviewed on-going until the position is filled
- An assessment committee will review the applications and candidate selection will rely on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities.
- The main criterion for selection will be the existing skills and expertise of the applicant and matching with the qualifications mentioned above.
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced
- Read B2 Upper intermediateWrite B2 Upper intermediateSpeak B2 Upper intermediate