C-2124 - BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE / SAP BO ENGINEER
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You ‘d like to contribute as a research support contributor ? Join “Information Systems Unit” team
At LIST, we empower citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
And most importantly, we empower our employees, nurture our existing talents, and strive to attract new ones! We rely on a culture of transparency, high safety standards, recognition of our employees, and respect for people and decisions, and foster a spirit of entrepreneurship within our organization. Everyone at LIST has a role to play, from our researchers to our support teams, which consist of 150 experts in human resources, finance and administration, IT operations, legal affairs and communication. At LIST’s core is excellence and a passion for impact with the will to excel both nationally and internationally; we are seeking people who identify with these values, enjoy taking on the challenges of our ambitious projects and have a strong collaborative spirit.
How will you contribute?
The selected applicant will reinforce the current Business Intelligence team on Datawarehouse & SAP BO projects. She/he will be part of the Applications & Development Service of the Information Systems Unit.
She/he will support research, administrative and technical departments by deploying BI technologies aligned with LIST needs in terms of Datawarehouse and development of relevant reports and dashboards. To this end, she/he will work in close collaboration with internal stakeholders; advising, guiding them and developing the adequate tools.
The selected candidate will report directly to IS Head of Unit. She/he will coordinate and be the referent of the team in charge of LIST’s Data Warehouse, reports and dashboards development projects. This role will involve:
- To animate team dynamics: ensuring communication flow amongst team members and from/to team members, making sure that ongoing projects go on smoothly and escalade in case of issues or blocking points.
- To be IS Head of Unit’s point of contact for the team, representing the team and providing them with the required feedbacks.
- To act as a senior referent for the team in terms of expertise and coordination, influencing positively team members in order to achieve IS challenging goals in terms of BI.
Moreover, the selected applicant will be asked to:
- Define projects aiming at developing and deploying relevant BI technologies aligned with LIST needs
- Manage and participate to projects related to BI
- Develop relationships with key client stakeholders, ensure their appropriate participation of key client stakeholders and provide regular project contact
- Convene with team members and key stakeholders at regular cadence to ensure all deliverables are current and compliant with needs
On a more operational perspective, she/he will:
- Analyze and manage the existing BI technical architecture, existing reports and dashboards, design and implement improvements and evolutions
- Model and enrich the Data warehouse of the LIST and in particular the financial information system based on SAP interfacing with various software modules developed in-house and market software
- Use analytical techniques (data mining , data modelling ,data warehousing)
- Guarantee data consistency checks between the data in the Data warehouse and those in the original systems
- Improve existing data processes and pipelines by implementing automation, data tuning and performance concepts creatively
- Analyze user needs, translate business requirements into IT and technical terms and write detailed functional and technical specifications
- Develop queries and data visualizations for ad-hoc, recurring, troubleshooting requests and projects, as well as for ongoing reporting
- Develop and implement data integration and extraction (ETL) processes
- Implement customized ETL pipelines from diverse sources for higher data availability and to create a unified view of quality data for analytics and reporting
- Design, produce and ensure the maintenance (corrective, evolutive and preventive) of SAP Business Object (BO) universes, dashboards and reporting reports with SAP Business Object
- Provide user support and document work for colleagues and internal clients
Is Your profile described below? You think you are our future colleague? Apply now!
You hold a Master in business intelligence solutions or in statistics, engineering or equivalent, additionally to:
- A proven professional experience (minimum 5 years) in the field of BI, data warehouse implementation and the production of reporting reports and decisional dashboards, data visualization tools.
- Good communication skills to ensure a good collaboration with internal stakeholders, team members and management.
- An ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
You’re a team player who is comfortable working with different profiles, from different backgrounds and specialities, across the institute
On the technical side, you own:
- A proven experience in business intelligence role, including data warehousing, business intelligence, data visualization tools, techniques and technology
- Including a proven experience with analytical applications, infrastructures and in developing reporting
- A proven experience in the design, modeling and implementation of data warehouses
- A proven experience of ETL tools: mastering Talend which is an asset
- A strong experience of the reporting tools SAP Business Object 4.2 SP6 minimum
- Knowledge of DBMS: Oracle is an asset, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.
- An experience of SQL (query development)
- Ideally some functional business knowledge in the following areas: accounting, finance, purchasing, customer invoicing, HR, (etc.)
- Knowledge of SAP FI/CO/MM or even PS, PPM which is an asset to your application.
On top of this, you have a good level of both written and spoken French and English
Your LIST experience will be
Passion for impact organisation with strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe working on responsible and independent research projects;
Sustainable by design notably thanks to our task force empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society;
Innovative infrastructures and exceptional Labs with more than 5,000 square meters, including innovations such as our Viswall, high scale incubators or even top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do.
Multicultural and International work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce;
Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people in fulfilling their personal and professional ambitions;
Gender friendly environment where multiple actions are made to attract, develop and retain women in Science;
32 days of paid-holiday, 11 public-holiday, flexible working hours, 13-month salary, state health insurance and lunch vouchers;
Personalised learning program to foster our people’s soft and technical skills;
We encourage curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship sparkling everywhere.
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and your experience
- A detailled CV
Application procedure and conditions:
- LIST is an Equal Opportunity employer and committed to hiring and retaining a diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability.
- Applications will be reviewed on-going until the position is filled
- An assessment committee will review the applications and candidate selection will rely on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities.
- The main criterion for selection will be the existing skills and expertise of the applicant and matching with the qualifications mentioned above.
- Read C1Write C1Speak C1
- Read C1Write C1Speak C1