I-2113 - Researcher in 5G-Wireless Data Analytics
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You ‘d like to contribute as a researcher? Join our IT for Innovation Services department
The IT for Innovative Services (ITIS) department, with its 100 researchers and engineers, focuses on the digital transformation of operations in organizations with traditional environments and digital ecosystems, with the aim of improving their performance and innovation capacity. The common thread throughout ITIS is to develop the most efficient use of big data to ensure the most appropriate decision-making processes.
The department relies on the Data Analytics Platform: a hybrid infrastructure covering the entire range of data analytics activities. The platform is based on three pillars: a high-performance computing (HPC) infrastructure, a cognitive analytics pillar and an interactive visualization wall (Viswall).
How will you contribute?
LIST is looking for a highly motivated candidate with proven skills in wireless data analytics to work on a research project funded by FNR (Luxembourg) and ANR (France). The ongoing deployment of new communication technologies related to 5G opens new doors to the implementation of cooperative, connected and automated mobility applications. However, more time is needed before all these technologies are fully deployed and with a satisfactory level of security and privacy. This is even more critical in cross-border areas such as between Luxembourg and France, where a large number of attacks (e.g., related to roaming) may arise. In this context, the main mission of the candidate will be to collect, analyse and artificially scale-up network traffic data generated by a vehicular network (V2X) – with a view on detecting potential attacks on the network infrastructure at an early stage.
The specific missions of the candidate will include, but are not limited to:
- Defining a methodology to collect real network attack data on a test site.
- Analysing and exploring this data in order to derive key indicators for the project.
- Proposing models to artificially augment this data and generate artificial and realistic data for the LU-FR cross-border area. These models can be implemented on a simulation environment to serve as a showcase for the project.
- Using the augmented data to predict potential attacks on the network.
The candidate will also be in charge of disseminating and promoting the research activities that will be carried out, whether through publications, patents, prototype development or technical reports.
You hold a PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, combined to:
- a background in statistical computing, data analytics – including proven experience with AI. Experience with R, Python or GAN’s is an advantage.
- a proven experience with Java, C++, road and/or network traffic simulators is an advantage (e.g., SUMO, OMNeT++, MatSIM).
- good knowledge in communication networks. Experience in VANETs is an advantage.
- fluency in English
Good command French is an advantage
On top of this you have some knowledge in IT security and privacy? You’re the one we’re looking for !
Your LIST experience will be
Passion for impact organisation with strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe working on responsible and independent research projects;
Sustainable by design notably thanks to our task force empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society;
Innovative infrastructures and exceptional Labs with more than 5,000 square meters, including innovations such as our Viswall, high scale incubators or even top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do.
Multicultural and International work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce;
Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people in fulfilling their personal and professional ambitions;
Gender friendly environment where multiple actions are made to attract, develop and retain women in Science;
32 days of paid-holiday, 11 public-holiday, flexible working hours, 13-month salary, state health insurance and lunch vouchers;
Personalised learning program to foster our people’s soft and technical skills;
We encourage curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship sparkling everywhere.
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and your experience
- A scientific CV, which includes contact details
- List of publications (and patents, if applicable)
- Contact of 2 references
Application procedure and conditions:
- LIST is an Equal Opportunity employer and committed to hiring and retaining a diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability.
- Applications will be reviewed on-going until the position is filled.
- An assessment committee will review the applications and candidate selection will rely on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities.
- The main criterion for selection will be the existing skills and expertise of the applicant and matching with the qualifications mentioned above.
- Read C1Write C1Speak C1
- Read B1Write B1Speak B1