M-2103- POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER IN CONJUGATED MICROPOROUS POLYMERS FOR HETEROGENEOUS CATALYSIS
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You ‘d like to contribute as a researcher? Join our Materials Research and Technology department
Through its research into advanced materials and processes, the “Materials Research and Technology” (MRT) department, with its 200 researchers and engineers, contributes to the emergence of enabling technologies that underpin the innovation processes of local and international industry. MRT’s activities hinge on four thematic pillars: nanomaterials and nanotechnology, scientific instrumentation and process technology, structural composites, and functional polymers.
The department also includes four high-tech platforms, focusing on composites, prototyping, characterization and testing. These platforms serve both LIST research staff, and other stakeholders in Luxembourg.
How will you contribute?
Water splitting into molecular hydrogen (H2) and oxygen (O2) provides a promising alternative to the worldwide energy and environmental challenges.
The postdoctoral researcher will work in the framework of a large research project (ERC Consolidator grant) focusing on the chemical engineering of metalloporphyrin-based polymers for heterogeneous catalysis applications. The project, that involves an international and interdisciplinary team, includes the design and synthesis of novel catalyst materials, their characterization and evaluation for the production of hydrogen from water splitting.
The ERC-funded postdoctoral researcher will conduct research in the engineering of donor–acceptor conjugated microporous polymer that act as heterogeneous catalysts for the hydrogen (HER) and oxygen evolution reactions (OER). Supported by computational quantum mechanical modelling, the postdoctoral researcher will propose a rational design of the organic photocatalysts and select the functional groups that are of great importance for high photocatalytic activities.
The postdoctoral researcher will work closely with other researchers involved in the project to build up a deep understanding of the synthesised materials and measure the performance of these materials. The postdoctoral researcher, integrated to a very engaged and ambitious research team, is expected to develop these research activities to the highest scientific level.
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
You hold a PhD degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related fields.
Additionally, you have:
• a record of excellence in conjugated microporous polymers, metal-organic frameworks and/or porphyrinoids research area as evidenced through peer-reviewed journal publications;
• demonstrated experience in conjugated microporous polymers, metal-organic frameworks and/or porphyrinoids;
• extensive experience in Density Functional Theory calculation;
• experience in electrochemistry, photoelectrochemistry and/or photocatalysis will be considered a plus.
On top of this, you’re highly motivated and strong team worker. You are fluent in English. You’re the one we’re looking for !
Your LIST experience will be
Passion for impact organisation with strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe working on responsible and independent research projects;
Sustainable by design notably thanks to our task force empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society;
Innovative infrastructures and exceptional Labs with more than 5,000 square meters, including innovations such as our Viswall, high scale incubators or even top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do.
Multicultural and International work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce;
Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people in fulfilling their personal and professional ambitions;
Gender friendly environment where multiple actions are made to attract, develop and retain women in Science;
32 days of paid-holiday, 11 public-holiday, flexible working hours, 13-month salary, state health insurance and lunch vouchers;
Personalised learning program to foster our people’s soft and technical skills;
We encourage curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship sparkling everywhere.
Your application must include:
• A motivation letter oriented towards the position and your experience
• A scientific CV, which includes contact details
• 3 best publications and a short narrative on your contribution for each.
• Contact of 2 references
Application procedure and conditions:
• LIST is an Equal Opportunity employer and committed to hiring and retaining a diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability.
• Applications will be reviewed on-going until the position is filled.
• An assessment committee will review the applications and candidate selection will rely on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities.
• The main criterion for selection will be the existing skills and expertise of the applicant and matching with the qualifications mentioned above.
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced