C-2126 - HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT ENGINEER
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You ‘d like to contribute as a research support contributor? Join our “Safety, Compliance & Quality” team
At LIST, we empower citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
And most importantly, we empower our employees, nurture our existing talents, and strive to attract new ones! We rely on a culture of transparency, high safety standards, recognition of our employees, and respect for people and decisions, and foster a spirit of entrepreneurship within our organization. Everyone at LIST has a role to play, from our researchers to our support teams, which consist of 150 experts in human resources, finance and administration, IT operations, legal affairs and communication. At LIST’s core is excellence and a passion for impact with the will to excel both nationally and internationally; we are seeking people who identify with these values, enjoy taking on the challenges of our ambitious projects and have a strong collaborative spirit.
As Health, Safety & Environment Engineer, you will be part of the “Safety, Compliance and Quality service”. One of the main objectives of the service is to develop, implement and follow-up Health, Safety and Environment or HSE policy. The HSE policy expresses LIST’s commitment to conduct its activities with the integrity of its staff and third parties being its primary concern, while at the same time respecting the environment.
How will you contribute?
As Health, Safety & Environment Engineer, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Identify and assess laboratory risks (chemical, gas, electric, etc.) and implement preventive measures
- Carry out internal audits in the laboratories and pursue into corrective and preventive actions
- Follow up the implementation of Health, Safety and Environment policy
- Provide health and safety recommendations:
-when researchers start new risky activities/experiments to reach research objectives
-when changes are planned in laboratories: new equipment requested, moving of equipment with impact on safety …
-when researchers intend to use new chemical products and gases: assess risks, set-up procedures and instructions for storage, identify personal protective equipment …
- Support the laboratory and equipment managers regarding employee safety
- Conduct HSE trainings and orientation to all LIST employees
- Report on specific risks to the executive level through a Health & Safety Committee
- Participate and contribute to the compliance with ISO 45001 requirements
- Follow-up of commodo-incommodo authorizations
- Contribute as a user to the deployment of a new information system dedicated to the management of Quality & HSE activities
The HSE Engineer will be a team member of the “on-call service team”. The purpose of the on-call service is to ensure that emergency situations can always be responded appropriately, whether by phone or by on site intervention.
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
- Master's degree in a technical field (Chemistry, Chemical engineering, Physics, Engineering…) or in Health & Safety
- Experience (or significant internship) as Health & Safety Engineer
- Laboratory experience (or significant internship) in a research or industrial environment
- Good knowledge in risk analysis methodologies
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously, excellent analytical skills and proactive approach
- Computer literate
- Excellent command of English and French
Your LIST experience will be
Passion for impact organisation with strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe working on responsible and independent research projects;
Sustainable by design notably thanks to our task force empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society;
Innovative infrastructures and exceptional Labs with more than 5,000 square meters, including innovations such as our Viswall, high scale incubators or even top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do.
Multicultural and International work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce;
Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people in fulfilling their personal and professional ambitions;
Gender friendly environment where multiple actions are made to attract, develop and retain women in Science;
32 days of paid-holiday, 11 public-holiday, flexible working hours, 13-month salary, state health insurance and lunch vouchers;
Personalised learning program to foster our people’s soft and technical skills;
We encourage curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship sparkling everywhere.
Application procedure and conditions:
- LIST is an Equal Opportunity employer and committed to hiring and retaining a diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability.
- Applications will be reviewed on-going until the position is filled.
- An assessment committee will review the applications and candidate selection will rely on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities.
- The main criterion for selection will be the existing skills and expertise of the applicant and matching with the qualifications mentioned above.
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced