I-2124 UX/UI SENIOR DESIGNER
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You ‘d like to contribute as research support contributor? Join our IT for Innovation Services department
The IT for Innovative Services (ITIS) department, with its 100 researchers and engineers, focuses on the digital transformation of operations in organizations with traditional environments and digital ecosystems, with the aim of improving their performance and innovation capacity. The common thread throughout ITIS is to develop the most efficient use of big data to ensure the most appropriate decision-making processes.
The department relies on the Data Analytics Platform: a hybrid infrastructure covering the entire range of data analytics activities. The platform is based on three pillars: a high-performance computing (HPC) infrastructure, a cognitive analytics pillar and an interactive visualization wall (Viswall).
As a Senior User eXperience (UX) and User Interface (UI) Designer, you will be working closely with users, researchers, product owners, valorization officers, and development engineers in the Research & Innovation context.
You will manage and lead user experience projects, shaping a sound UX by applying cutting-edge techniques in collecting and processing requirements. You will also be leading the conception of the user interfaces and be involved in the entire development process of prototypes and products, particularly for data analytics and artificial intelligence services.
How will you contribute?
You will be responsible for designing suitable UX toolchains (in disruptive innovation contexts), creating test protocols, producing rapid-validation prototypes (e.g. on newly coded product features or API services), collecting user feedback, and reporting to development teams to deliver high-quality software prototypes.
- Identify, structure, and formalize product requirements in a user-centric perspective
- Analyze organisational structures, business services, work processes (workflows), data flows, and human-human / human-machine interactions with a DDD approach
- Assess the maturity of existing research prototypes according to the TRL (Technology Readiness Levels) scale applicable to Research and Technology Organizations
- Develop user experiences (UX) from initial prototyping to test protocols and reporting
- Design user interfaces (UI) and help development teams in integrating them
- Participate in the development and help in enhancing the UI of a Front-End framework
- Design and create user ergonomics, graphical layout, and components compliant with standards (e.g. W3C); present, advocate, and enforce the use of standards
- Enforce methodological and quality directives during the development life cycles by encouraging the use of Agile-driven processes and quality reviews.
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
- BAC+5 in Computer Science / Software Engineering or minimum 8 years of IT professional experience
Experience and skills
- A successful Senior UX/Ui Designer must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects, as well as to contribute to the front-end framework development effort by working closely with designers, architects, developers, and other stakeholders within the organization.
- Proven records of successful UX-driven projects;
- Experience in consulting, training, and customer-oriented services;
- Proven ability to design and operate User eXperience (UX) principles in products;
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in UX / UI and DDD design;
- Knowledge of ergonomics regarding human / machine interaction and interfaces;
- Expertise in using Balsamiq, Sketch, Adobe or Serif Suites, and other relevant tools;
- Knowledge of Web technologies and standards (e.g. W3C standards, micro front-end);
- Ability to take part in multilingual meetings (English-French), good communicator;
- Rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working and Agile animation;
- Sound development skills (in JS / nodeJS) and graphical tools use are required
- Good level both written and spoken English, any of Luxembourg’s administrative languages is a plus
Your LIST benefits
An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects;
Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society;
Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations such as our Viswall, high-scale incubators and top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do;
Multicultural and international work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce;
Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions;
Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science;
32 days’ paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, flexible working hours, 13-month salary, statutory health insurance and access to lunch vouchers;
Personalized learning programme to foster our staff’s soft and technical skills;
An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all areas.
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience;
- A CV with contact details;
- List of publications (and patents, if applicable);
- Contact details of 2 references.
Application procedure and conditions:
- LIST is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability;
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled;
- An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities;
- The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above.
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced
- Read B2 Upper intermediateWrite B2 Upper intermediateSpeak B2 Upper intermediate