IE-2119 – INTERNSHIP IN ORGANISATIONAL SUSTAINABILITY MANAGEMENT
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You ‘d like to contribute as an intern?Join our Environmental Research and Innovation department
The Environmental Research and Innovation (ERIN) department, made up of 200 life science, environmental science and information technology researchers and engineers, provides the interdisciplinary knowledge, expertise and technologies to lead solutions including the major environmental challenges facing society, such as climate change mitigation, ecosystem resilience, sustainable energy systems, efficient use of renewable resources, and environmental pollution prevention and control.
The department relies on two cutting-edge platforms, the Biotechnologies and Environmental Analytics Platform and the Observatory for the Climate and the Environment, and the GreenTech Innovation Centre (GTIC): a one-stop-shop for the complete development of bio-based products and processes.
How will you contribute?
The internship aims at supporting the definition and implementation of actions supporting the achievement of LIST's sustainability objectives.
The main duties of the internship are:
• Monitor sustainability trends and review literature and best practices in corporate social responsibilities (e.g. polices, market and societal trends, benchmarking with other research and technology organisations, national, international, European best practices) and translate these trends into possible and/or necessary actions for LIST;
• Support the development and implementation of an internal dashboard of indicators to measure and monitor progress/success, prepare management review and define follow-up actions;
• Contribute to the development and implementation of internal and external communication strategies: e.g. staff engagement campaigns internal awareness rising and capacity building; surveys and workshops, website content, sustainability reporting; external stakeholder discussions;
• Contribute to the development and implementation of internal sustainability policies.
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
• You are an undergraduate student (Master 1-2) in one of the following domains: Sustainable Development, Corporate Social Responsibility, Environmental Management, Environmental Sciences or Engineering, Biological or Life Sciences, Chemistry or a related discipline;
• Good knowledge on trends in sustainable development, climate change mitigation strategies and/or corporate sustainability management;
• Strong motivation for sustainable development;
• Well organised, listening and solution-oriented attitude;
• Capacity to work independently or in a team;
• Good knowledge of English.
Your LIST benefits
An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects;
Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society;
Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations such as our Viswall, high-scale incubators and top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do;
Multicultural and international work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce;
Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions;
Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science;
32 days’ paid annual leave for a full time internship, 11 public holidays per annum, flexible working hours,
An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all areas.
Your application must include a motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience
Application procedure and conditions:
• LIST is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability;
• Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled;
• An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities;
• The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above.
- Read B2 Upper intermediateWrite B2 Upper intermediateSpeak B2 Upper intermediate