C-2131 – LIBRARY INFORMATION ASSISTANT
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You ‘d like to contribute as a library information assistant? Join our Information Service
At LIST, we empower citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
And most importantly, we empower our employees, nurture our existing talents, and strive to attract new ones! We rely on a culture of transparency, high safety standards, recognition of our employees, and respect for people and decisions, and foster a spirit of entrepreneurship within our organization. Everyone at LIST has a role to play, from our researchers to our support teams, which consist of 150 experts in human resources, finance and administration, IT operations, legal affairs and communication. At LIST’s core is excellence and a passion for impact with the will to excel both nationally and internationally; we are seeking people who identify with these values, enjoy taking on the challenges of our ambitious projects and have a strong collaborative spirit.
How will you contribute?
As a Library Information Assistant, you will provide library and information support to administrative and research staff.
You will be mainly in charge of:
- Supporting access to digital content (e-journals, e-books and databases)
- Checking serial record and claiming missing issues
- Facilitating the purchasing and provision of print and electronic resources with the procurement and accounts team
- Processing loan & inter library loan requests
- Managing LIST scientific citations on the website
- Gather, format and update the library Intranet
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
You hold a Degree in Library and Information Science (minimum bachelor’s degree in LIS).
You also have:
- Experience in cataloging and processing library resources
- Proficiency in information searching and retrieval
- Good knowledge of bibliographic and citation tools
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Autonomous, a high level of accuracy as well as good organizational capacities
- Ability to take initiatives and work in multicultural environment
- Good understanding of “customer relationship”
On top of this, you’re highly motivated and you are fluent in English and French. You're the one we’re looking for!
Experience in a similar position (in an academic or research environment) is an asset
German and Luxembourgish are considered as an asset.
Your LIST benefits
An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects;
Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society;
Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations such as our Viswall, high-scale incubators and top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do;
Multicultural and international work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce;
Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions;
Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science;
32 days’ paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, flexible working hours, 13-month salary, statutory health insurance and access to lunch vouchers;
Personalized learning programme to foster our staff’s soft and technical skills;
An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all areas.
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience;
- A detailed CV
Application procedure and conditions:
- LIST is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability;
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled;
- An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities;
- The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above.
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced
- Read B2 Upper intermediateWrite B2 Upper intermediateSpeak B2 Upper intermediate