E-2212 - RESEARCH SUPPORT OFFICER
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You ‘d like to contribute as a research support contributor? Join our Environmental Research and Innovation department
The Environmental Research and Innovation (ERIN) department, made up of 200 life science, environmental science and information technology researchers and engineers, provides the interdisciplinary knowledge, expertise and technologies to lead solutions including the major environmental challenges facing society, such as climate change mitigation, ecosystem resilience, sustainable energy systems, efficient use of renewable resources, and environmental pollution prevention and control.
The department relies on two cutting-edge platforms, the Biotechnologies and Environmental Analytics Platform and the Observatory for the Climate and the Environment, and the GreenTech Innovation Centre (GTIC): a one-stop-shop for the complete development of bio-based products and processes.
How will you contribute?
As member of ERIN’s Director’s office, the main duties of the Research Support Officer are to:
- Support LIST’s Principal Investigators (PI) in the submission and management of their research projects ;
- Ensure the administrative, contractual, and financial coordination of a portfolio of research projects;
- Deliver dashboards and reports for the monitoring of the department’s projects portfolio
The Research Support Officer is the privileged partner of the PI in all administrative, contractual, and financial aspects of the research project. She/he interfaces with the different corporate LIST services.
Under the responsibility of the department Director, his/her main duties are:
Administrative, contractual, and financial coordination of research projects:
- Contribute to the definition and submission of projects (administrative, contractual and financial part);
- Monitor the progress of the projects and provide the necessary administrative/financial/contractual support in collaboration with corporate services;
- Manage the relation with the external coordinator of projects (H2020, LIFE, Interreg, …) and with funding agencies;
- Process and respond to the information requests of the PI;
- Collect the necessary information for the billing, account closing, statements and reports addressed to the funding sources;
- Put in place project documentation and update information systems accordingly;
- Organize and prepare project related meetings as well as the closing and archiving of projects;
- Participate in project audits;
- Participate in annual budget preparation;
- Monitor the unit/group project portfolio and prepare unit/group project reviews ;
- Contribute to the definition, implementation and application of new procedures and project management tools;
- Contribute to constant improvement through the identification of the specific needs of the PI and the definition of solutions, in close collaboration with the other LIST services
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
- Hold a higher education degree in finance, business administration or in a technical or scientific area.
Experience and skills
- Have at least 5 years of professional experience in project coordination
- Have completed training in project management techniques, methods and tools is a strong asset
- Experience in financial project management and accounting
- A customer-oriented service (towards our internal customers) and solution-oriented approach is essential
- Experience in the submission and management of European projects is considered as an asset
- Strong experience in using Excel. Having good knowledge of other standard office software is a plus
- Be autonomous and detail oriented, possess strong organizational and coordination skills
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a good team player
- Successfully manage stressful situations and priorities, have a positive attitude to deal with them
- Having excellent knowledge of written and spoken English is mandatory. A good level of French is an asset.
It would be an asset to be familiar with:
- The research environment
- The rules of the various research funding agencies
- The forms of intellectual property protection
Your LIST benefits
An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects;
Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society;
Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations such as our Viswall, high-scale incubators and top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do;
Multicultural and international work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce;
Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions;
Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science;
32 days’ paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, flexible working hours, 13-month salary, statutory health insurance and access to lunch vouchers;
Personalized learning programme to foster our staff’s soft and technical skills;
An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all areas.
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience;
- A scientific CV with contact details;
- List of publications (and patents, if applicable);
- Contact details of 2 references.
Application procedure and conditions
- LIST is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability;
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled;
- An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities;
- The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above.
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced
- Read B2 Upper intermediateWrite B2 Upper intermediateSpeak B2 Upper intermediate