ES-2216 - R&T ASSOCIATE IN THE FIELD OF PURIFICATION TECHNOLOGIES FOR ISRU O2 AND H2O
Are you passionate about space resources utilization? So are we!
The European Space Resources Innovation Centre (ESRIC) is a joint initiative of the Luxembourg Space Agency (LSA), the European Space Agency (ESA) and the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST). ESRIC aims to become an internationally recognized centre of expertise for scientific, technical, business and economic aspects related to the use of space resources for human and robotic exploration, as well as for a future in-space economy.
You will be part of ESRIC and supported by Air Liquide
ESRIC is a brand-new initiative with challenging objectives and evolving in a rapidly changing international environment. For this project ESRIC is partnering with Air Liquide which has a strong background in gas purification and gas management systems.
This project will be conducted in both centres; Innovation Centre of Air Liquide near Paris, as well as at ESRIC in Luxembourg. The candidate will be supported by experts from Air Liquide and ESRIC.
How will you contribute?
You will design, build, and evaluate two experimental demonstrators to produce pure oxygen and pure water in a lunar environment.
- Identify the best technology to purify water and oxygen in a lunar environment;
- Develop dedicated solutions based on Air Liquide’s technology portfolio for water and oxygen production from lunar regolith;
- Design and build two purification demonstrators;
- Integrate the demonstrators in ESRIC’s ground based ISRU environment;
- Validate and measure performance of the demonstrators.
Which profile we are looking for
- PhD in Chemical Engineering with a strong background in experimental / pilot installations set-up and operations;
- Experience in gas analysis, instrumentation and automation is required;
- A first experience in adsorption is an asset;
- Entrepreneurial spirit, independent, flexible and able to adapt;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent command of English is a must, French will be considered an asset.
What ESRIC and LIST can offer
You will join a small and dynamic team with a daring growth objective. ESRIC has an ambitious development plan over the next years, adding further partners and expanding its activities. The team that you will be joining is expected to grow quickly leading to future opportunities in the field of space resources.
Has this vacancy caught your interest?
To know more about ESRIC activities: www.esric.lu
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced
- Read B2 Upper intermediateWrite B2 Upper intermediateSpeak B2 Upper intermediate