IES-2201 – INTERNSHIP IN GEOSPATIAL INFORMATION REQUIREMENTS FOR LUNAR RESOURCES UTILIZATION
Are you passionate about space resources? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You ‘d like to contribute as an intern? Join us!
ESRIC is a brand-new initiative with challenging objectives and evolving in a rapidly changing international environment. Being part of this new adventure and contributing to build successful activities with ESRIC’s partners is common to all ESRIC’s positions.
ESRIC is implemented as a department of LIST, with a dedicated governance structure that includes its partners LSA, ESA and LIST. It is conducting activities along four main areas: Research and testing facilities, Business support and incubation, Knowledge management, and Community management.
How will you contribute?
The aim of the project is to understand the geospatial information needs from the Lunar Resources stakeholders and translate them into data and information requirements.
This project is the first step for a feasibility study to develop a geospatial information viewer within ESRIC’s Knowledge Platform.
The trainee will study the Lunar Resources Value Chain, identify the players from government and industry, involved on the topic and conduct a comprehensive study on their data and information needs.
- Identification of Lunar Resources Value Chain players
- Assessment of Lunar Resources geospatial information needs from the identified players and across the complete value chain.
- Assessment of current available lunar data as well as tools for visualization and download: describe their main characteristics and determine if and how they fulfil stakeholders’ information requirements
- To submit considerations about the impact of a lunar resources’ geospatial viewer for lunar resources’ stakeholders
At the end of the internship, it is expected the intern to submit an assessment report of the suitability of a geospatial viewer within the ESRIC’s knowledge platform to fulfil lunar resources geospatial information requirements.
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
You are currently studying for a master’s degree combined with knowledge in Space Resources Fundamentals, Geographic Information Systems, Space business and entrepreneurship.
On top of this, you are fluent in English. You’re the one we’re looking for!
What ESRIC and LIST can offer
ESRIC has an ambitious development plan over the next years, adding further partners and expanding its activities. The team that you will be joining is expected to grow quickly with the possibility to see ESRIC evolve towards a self-standing entity in a few years.
To know more about ESRIC activities: www.esric.lu
Your application must include a motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience.
Application procedure and conditions:
- LIST is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability;
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled;
- An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities;
- The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above.
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced