M-22126 - POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN MATERIAL SCIENCE FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIN COPPER FOIL
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You ‘d like to contribute as a researcher? Join our Materials Research and Technology department
Through its research into advanced materials and processes, the “Materials Research and Technology” (MRT) department, with its 200 researchers and engineers, contributes to the emergence of enabling technologies that underpin the innovation processes of local and international industry. MRT’s activities hinge on four thematic pillars: nanomaterials and nanotechnology, scientific instrumentation and process technology, structural composites, and functional polymers.
The department also includes four high-tech platforms, focusing on composites, prototyping, characterization and testing. These platforms serve both LIST research staff, and other stakeholders in Luxembourg.
How will you contribute?
We are looking for a young researcher who is expected to strongly contribute to an ambitious project in collaboration with an industrial partner through the development of new product based on a copper foil for new energy storage devices. For any transportation way, it is interesting to reduce the total weight of energy storage system and for that, the reduction of the thickness of copper foil used to design the new battery generation is one of the solutions. To success in this objective, it is important to validate that thinner copper foils will keep its mechanical, thermal resistance during different physical solicitations.
The researcher will actively contribute to the development of technical solutions for the reduction of the thickness of the copper foil and to the evaluations of the physical and mechanical properties of its new product. Thanks to different cutting-edge characterization tools available in the Research centre, metallurgical investigations at micrometric and nanometric scales will be carried out to determine grain sizes, texture, density of dislocation, impurities… All these data will after be correlated to the physical and mechanical properties of the copper foil and their analysis will participate to the development of a new metallurgical route for the elaboration of high performance copper products.
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague?
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
You hold a PhD degree with practical skills in materials chemistry and metallurgy.
Additional you have:
• First experience with structural and chemical characterizations using state-of-the art techniques;
• Knowledge in the field of physical and mechanical properties of Materials
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Collaborative skills, initiative, result oriented, organization, and capacity to work in an interdisciplinary environment
You are fluent in English. French is considered as an asset. You’re the one we’re looking for!
Your LIST benefits
An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects;
Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society;
Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations such as our Viswall, high-scale incubators and top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do;
Multicultural and international work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce;
Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions;
Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science;
32 days paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, flexible working hours, 13-month salary, statutory health insurance and access to lunch vouchers;
Personalized learning programme to foster our staff’s soft and technical skills;
An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all areas.
Your application must include:
• A motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience;
• A scientific CV with contact details;
• List of publications (and patents, if applicable);
• Contact details of 2 references.
Application procedure and conditions:
• LIST is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability;
• Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled;
• An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities;
• The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above.
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced
- Read B2 Upper intermediateWrite B2 Upper intermediateSpeak B2 Upper intermediate