C-22013 – HEAD OF SERVICE-FINANCE (M/f)
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You ‘d like to contribute as a research support contributor? Join our Finance Unit.
At LIST, we empower citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
And most importantly, we empower our employees, nurture our existing talents, and strive to attract new ones! We rely on a culture of transparency, high safety standards, recognition of our employees, and respect for people and decisions, and foster a spirit of entrepreneurship within our organization. Everyone at LIST has a role to play, from our researchers to our support teams, which consist of 150 experts in human resources, finance and administration, IT operations, legal affairs and communication. At LIST’s core is excellence and a passion for impact with the will to excel both nationally and internationally; we are seeking people who identify with these values, enjoy taking on the challenges of our ambitious projects and have a strong collaborative spirit.
How will you contribute?
The Head of Service “Finance” is responsible for the overall definition and implementation of the Service strategy, its operations and for leading and managing her/his team and its dynamics. She/he defines the Finance team goals aligned with the unit and department strategy, puts in place short/mid/long-term plans to achieve goals, makes decisions considering financial risks and their impacts.
Moreover, with her/his team, she/he ensures the overall financial planning, forecasting and analysis of LIST finances, she/he ensures the financial and administration data stewardship and the finance operations roles. She/he could be asked to intervene punctually in the definition, management and deployment of transversal Finance structural projects that are strategic for F&A.
In the framework of her/his main functional responsibilities, she/he is asked to:
- Improve processes, systems or tools to prevent problems and improve service’s performance.
- Continuously develop the customer service orientation within the finance team and lead the team towards Finance 2.0 plan as validated.
- Ensure close, proactive and effective communication and collaboration with other LIST entities.
- Be proactive and adaptative in the communication to colleagues and stakeholders. Propose trainings and raise awareness when required. Ensure everything is done for the good understanding of communications by stakeholders.
- Ensure continuous improvement and that services are provided in due time, at the required quality level.
- Monitor and benchmark best practices in the domains.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests of the DoFA.
- Be actively involved in projects with major impact for LIST (role within these projects could vary: project definition, project management, project contributor, work package manager, …).
Moreover she/he is responsible for:
- Managing the financial planning and analysis related functions and roles
In this framework, her/his main responsibilities are to:
o Define, reinforce and implement tools and processes - under the direction of the DoFA- to strengthen the budget and estimate processes (i.e. balance sheet, Profit & Loss account and cash flow, alignment with strategic axis and LIST good financial management, etc…)
o Provide key financial interface between the different services of F&A, searching for synergies and facilitating their implementation.
o Support the DoFA in significant cross organisational business cases and long-term financial planning.
o Maintain and provide strategic reporting to the DoFA.
o Develop and ensure the on time/on quality/ understanding of the financial information across the organisation.
o Support the DoFA in ensuring that organisation financial controls are appropriate and operate efficiently together with the Accounting service.
o Support the DoFA in providing business analysis and financial support across the organisation.
o Provide Funding guidelines and adequate support within LIST submission process and ensure compliance with regulations, policies and procedures
o Provide a quality overview for the financial component of all monthly/quarterly and annual reports that are the responsibility of the DoFA.
o Use the insights gathered through FP&A to communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
o Develop and deploy the financial risks management role
- Managing the Finance and Administration data stewardship (processes, tools, data in-flows/out-flows,…)
- Managing the Finance Operations related functions and roles (rate calculations, timesheets closing…)
- Defining, managing and deploying transversal structural projects:
In the framework of internal projects, her/his main responsibilities will be to strongly support and participate in the coordination of projects aiming to:
o Establish standards of financial analysis, accurate reporting and finance related processes and policies. Actively participate to the development/implementation of adequate tools in relation.
o Support projects dedicated to the continuous improvement of processes and practices that ensure the effective management of research projects, throughout its entire life cycle.
o Promote interdisciplinary collaboration amongst F&A services, other corporate services, and between F&A and the core RDI business.
- Documentation and information to stakeholders:
o Document processes and practices.
o Inform LIST employees about new/major changes in processes and practices that they might be involved in.
o Raise awareness on these processes/practices. When relevant, train employees on these processes/practices through appropriate means and channels.
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
You hold a Master’s degree in Finance or equivalent, with a previous experience in a financial role at a senior level. You also have a relevant experience in managing complex strategic operational issues, and in the interface between strategic development and operational delivery. You have a good understanding of change management processes.
On top of this, you own strong planning and financial analysis skills. You have already shown a leadership style that develops trust and respect. You can work in French as well as in English.
Your LIST benefits
An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects;
Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society;
Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations such as our Viswall, high-scale incubators and top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do;
Multicultural and international work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce;
Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions;
Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science;
32 days’ paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, flexible working hours, 13-month salary, statutory health insurance and access to lunch vouchers;
Personalized learning programme to foster our staff’s soft and technical skills;
An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all areas.
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience;
- A detailed CV
Application procedure and conditions:
- LIST is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability;
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled;
- An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities;
- The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above.
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced