C-2233 – EXPERIENCED HR OFFICER
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You ‘d like to contribute to research? Join the Human Resources Department
At LIST, we empower citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
And most importantly, we empower our employees, nurture our existing talents, and strive to attract new ones! We rely on a culture of transparency, high safety standards, recognition of our employees, and respect for people and decisions, and foster a spirit of entrepreneurship within our organization. Everyone at LIST has a role to play, from our researchers to our research support teams, which consist of 150 experts in human resources, finance and administration, IT operations, legal affairs and communication. At LIST’s core is excellence and a passion for impact with the will to excel both nationally and internationally; we are seeking people who identify with these values, enjoy taking on the challenges of our ambitious projects and have a strong collaborative spirit.
How will you contribute?
As experienced HR Officer, your role is to (1) be responsible for the HR administration daily tasks (2) provide HR-administration related information and guidance to employees and managers (3) ensure compliance with HR policies and procedures.
You will act as the first point of contact for employees as regards HR policies, processes and regulations.
As experienced HR Officer you will mainly be in charge of:
- Managing administration processes related to absences, leaves and holidays (sicknesses, maternity/parental leaves, extraordinary leaves, etc.)
- Handling different activities related to the management of our flexible time system
- Producing various certificates
- Ensuring the follow-up of deadlines (end of contracts, end of work permits, end of probation periods (…) and liaising with business departments to collect information
- Dealing with HR processes for new joiners and leavers (drafting of work contract and contracts amendments, welcoming of new joiners, medical appointment, etc.)
- Making an accurate follow-up of the on-going stay/work permits for non-EU nationals employees
- Ensuring HR databases and administrative processes are up to date and accurate
- Ensuring compliance of all LIST employees documentation with the legal framework as well as with our internal procedures and policies
- Providing guidance in terms of fiscal regulation, ideally including good knowledge of impatriate regime
- Contributing to process and policies implementation
Is your profile described below? You think you are our future colleague? Apply now!
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field
Experience and skills
- Have at least 3 years of experience in HR administration in an international environment
- Deep understanding of Luxembourg labour law and great knowledge of best practices
- Have a client-oriented attitude
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Be rigorous and meticulous
- Be team player and hands-on
- Proficient in English and French as a business language
- Be proficient in MS Office, knowledge of HR Access being an advantage
Your LIST experience will be
Passion for impact organisation with strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe working on responsible and independent research projects;
Sustainable by design notably thanks to our task force empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society;
Innovative infrastructures and exceptional Labs with more than 5,000 square meters, including innovations such as our Viswall, high scale incubators or even top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do.
Multicultural and International work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce;
Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people in fulfilling their personal and professional ambitions;
Gender friendly environment where multiple actions are made to attract, develop and retain women in Science;
32 days of paid-holiday, 11 public-holiday, flexible working hours, 13-month salary, state health insurance and lunch vouchers;
Personalised learning program to foster our people’s soft and technical skills;
We encourage curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship sparkling everywhere.
Your application must include:
- A CV
- A cover letter
Application procedure and conditions:
- LIST is an Equal Opportunity employer and committed to hiring and retaining a diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability.
- Applications will be reviewed on-going until the position is filled
- An assessment committee will review the applications and candidate selection will rely on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities.
- The main criterion for selection will be the existing skills and expertise of the applicant and matching with the qualifications mentioned above.
- Read B2 Upper intermediateWrite B2 Upper intermediateSpeak B2 Upper intermediate
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced