E-2277 – RESEARCH PROJECT OFFICER
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You ‘d like to contribute as research support contributor? Join our Environmental Research and Innovation department
As part of a Research and Technology Organization (RTO), the work of the Environmental Research and Innovation (ERIN) Department tackles some of the major environmental challenges our society is facing today such as adaptation to climate change, ecosystem resilience, sustainable energy systems, efficient use of renewable resources, environmental pollution prevention and control.
To this end, the mission of the ERIN department is:
(1) To conduct impact-driven scientific research and development, as well as technological innovation;
(2) To support companies in the implementation of new environmental regulations and advise governments on determining sustainable policies for the future, with the objectives of:
• Analysing, managing and exploiting sustainable resources (water, air, soil, renewable energy, bioresources).
• Reducing the environmental impact of human consumption and production activities.
The Environmental Research and Innovation (ERIN) department, made up of 200 life science, environmental science and information technology researchers and engineers, provides the interdisciplinary knowledge, expertise and technologies to lead solutions including the major environmental challenges facing society, such as climate change mitigation, ecosystem resilience, sustainable energy systems, efficient use of renewable resources, and environmental pollution prevention and control.
The department relies on two cutting-edge platforms, the Biotechnologies and Environmental Analytics Platform and the Observatory for the Climate and the Environment, and the GreenTech Innovation Centre (GTIC): a one-stop-shop for the complete development of bio-based products and processes.
How will you contribute?
- support the Principal Investigator (PI) on the management of RDI projects.
- support the definition, planning, implementation, and closing of RDI projects.
- support RDI project submission through the elaboration of project budget, estimation of resources, project plan, etc. in accordance with rules and guidelines of the funding institution and LIST policies and rules.
- follow-up submission and acceptance
- contribute to the formalization of contracts/conventions with partners and funding institution.
You shall guarantee efficient project management, good execution of the project plan, and shall monitor the achievement of project objectives and the delivery of results. You also have good knowledge of area of work combined with experience.
You will organize your own work to meet objectives and will clearly explain methods, practices and procedures related to their work.
- In tight coordination with the Principal Investigator, you will take in charge the administrative, financial, and contractual aspects of RDI projects along their different phases from the submission to the execution and closing.
- You provide support in the preparation of RDI project proposals, bid documents, and any other documentation in compliance with the guidelines and specifications of funding instruments, you also ensure proposals comply with policies, guidelines, or rules established by LIST and/or the funding institution, and liaise with appropriate internal services or external bodies to do so.
- Together with the PI, you monitor the progress and execution of RDI projects according to plans. You organise project meetings related to this duty involving appropriate incumbents and raise awareness in case of deviations or risks regarding milestones, results, commitments, or contracts.
- You will take in charge the administrative/financial/reporting coordination of RDI projects, and keep coordination with internal teams, PIs (principal investigators), external partners and funding institutions, as necessary.
- You collect information about project execution and produce periodical reports according to established guidelines from funding institutions and LIST, you also deal with any other internal/external reporting requests. You will produce ad-hoc reports as required.
- You know LIST internal processes and organization and know who to get in contact with to obtain information and/or get things done.
- You will contribute to the improvement of project management tools, reports, and RDI project management system in general.
- You will participate in the development and implementation of policies, systems, and procedures.
- You will organize own work to meet objectives and will set priorities and adapt work to deal with new or changing demands.
- You Possess strong project management skills, a certification in project management is highly recommended. You also possess relevant work experience in RDI project management. And finally, you have very good knowledge of area of work obtained through advanced education.
- You have strong knowledge of RDI funding rules and guidelines, reporting procedures, and policy.
- You have strong analytical and critical skills. You can summarize and present information in an effective and clear manner.
- You can coordinate or intervene on multiple projects of varying degrees of complexity.
- You possess strong interpersonal and communication skills with different organizational levels, including senior management, at internal and external level.
- You are pro-active and possess strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- You may assist entry-level professionals.
- You are a problem solver and do not get stuck on problems. You take action, coordinate with appropriate interlocutors, and seek for help and support to get solutions.
- You analyse and solve problems within own area of work based on the analysis of information, the coordination with actors involved, and the application of policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- You identify solutions for problems that may involve multiple aspects and actors. You evaluate feasibility of solutions and make appropriate consultations to ensure their effectiveness.
- You propose improvements to processes, systems, or guidelines to enhance performance of area of work.
Communication & Influence
- You will communicate with internal/external parties on RDI project management matters and clearly explain issues, practices and procedures related to their work.
- You can convince and influence parties to solve issues and get things done within their area of work.
- In coordination with the principal investigator, you will contribute to the communication related to the project progress and execution towards project partners, consortium, and other internal/external stakeholders. You also support the creation of connections between the project stakeholders.
- You start building a solid network in his area of work (e.g., research administration groups, professional associations, LIUs, etc.)
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
You hold a higher education degree in finance, business administration, project and/or quality management, or in a technical or scientific area
You Have at least 5 years of professional experience in project management.
You also have:
• Completed training in project management techniques, methods and tools, which is a strong asset
• Experience in financial project management and accounting
• Experience in the submission and management of European projects which is considered as an asset
• Strong experience in using Excel. (Having good knowledge of other standard office software is a plus)
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and you are a good team player
• Successfully managed stressful situations and priorities and have a positive attitude to deal with them.
A customer-oriented service (towards our internal customers) and solution-oriented approach is essential
You are autonomous and detail oriented, possess strong organizational and coordination skills
It would be an asset to be familiar with:
- The research environment
- The rules of the various research funding agencies
- The forms of intellectual property protection
Finally, you have excellent knowledge of written and spoken English is mandatory. A good level of French is an asset.
Your LIST benefits
An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects;
Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society;
Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations such as our Viswall, high-scale incubators and top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do;
Multicultural and international work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce;
Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions;
Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science;
32 days’ paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, flexible working hours, 13-month salary, statutory health insurance and access to lunch vouchers;
Personalized learning programme to foster our staff’s soft and technical skills;
An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all areas.
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience;
- A CV
- Contact details of 2 references.
Application procedure and conditions
- LIST is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability;
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled;
- An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities;
- The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above.
- Read B2 Upper intermediateWrite B2 Upper intermediateSpeak B2 Upper intermediate
- Read B2 Upper intermediateWrite B2 Upper intermediateSpeak B2 Upper intermediate