Head of Strategic Marketing and Communications
Simprints is a nonprofit tech company with a mission to radically increase transparency and effectiveness in global development. We build ethical, inclusive digital ID powered by biometrics to verify that health, aid, and services truly reach people. Simprints partners with organizations like Gavi to boost immunization rates in developing countries, Ministries of Health like Ghana on pandemic response, and NGOs like BRAC to deliver maternal healthcare. Studies have shown Simprints increases impact through real-time, precision data, for example increasing maternal health visits by 38% in Bangladesh or accurate HIV tracing by 62% in Malawi. Today we’ve worked in over 17 countries helping deliver health, aid, and finance to >2.1M people. Our goal is to transform the way the world fights poverty, ensuring that every vaccine, every dollar, and every public good reaches the people who need them most.
Simprints is growing rapidly. We have proven that our technology can support partners in increasing the impact of their projects. With a new company strategy emphasising a clear market-led focus and expectations of growing our revenue year on year, we’re looking to take the next step and become a major player in the tech4dev space. If you think you could be the right person to be part of a world-leading partnerships team, we want to hear from you.
Sitting within the partnerships team, your role will help Simprints deliver on our mission to change the way the world fights poverty and you will do this by creating a convincing and engaging suite of collateral, managing our external communications and all our social media presence. This role will provide senior marketing leadership in the organisation. Working closely with the Director of Partnerships, you will lead the planning and delivery of marketing and communications across bought, owned, and earned channels to build awareness, change minds, prompt action, and develop deep connections with our strategic partners and funders. In this role, you will work collaboratively across the organisation to deliver results - cutting across boundaries, focussing on our mission, learning rapidly, and responding to change. You will champion effective marketing across a range of channels and strive to increase our social media presence and help to build a website that speaks to funders and partners.
- To lead, develop, manage and deliver an external communications work programme, including media relations, PR, awards, organisational publications and events.
- To develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships with key business areas and to provide an external communications advice and support service
- To plan, manage and deliver a range of high quality organisational communications projects, campaigns and activities to agreed timescales and budgets, including: Proactive and reactive media enquiries, media releases and statements, briefings and building relationships with journalists, media advice and interview support, crisis communications.
- Manage the corporate social media outlets, mostly Twitter and LinkedIn, keeping them up to date with company updates
- Provide high quality, relevant information and tools to empower Simployees to communicate confidently and effectively with all stakeholders, boost the organisation’s profile and support fundraising activity
- Act as a ‘brand guardian’ ensuring brand guidelines are up to date and there is consistency across all internal and external communications.
- Source and oversee design processes including managing external designers and videographers
- Monitor trends and research opportunities within the sector and provide insight into the wider sector and communications landscape
- Write and execute a coherent marketing, advocacy and external affairs strategy
- Responsible for maintaining the company website including working with an external designer to scope the website and manage the process
- Manage/oversee Simprints events including virtual and in-person
- Manage and maintain a suite of capability statements which will enhance our fundraising activities thereby contributing to our strategy of growth
- Manage/create the Simprints annual report
- Create and execute press releases
- Ensure the right permissions are gained from our beneficiaries for marketing purposes
- Create quarterly newsletters which will be distributed internally and externally
- Be responsible for the website, ensuring content is optimised for SEO, and build our presence across social channels including Linkedin and Twitter
- Strong copywriting skills, editing and proofreading skills with good grammar and literacy
- Experience with social media platforms and management suites.
- Experience of writing, editing and producing written communications for targeted audiences
- Excellent organizational, planning, and coordination skills
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize as needed
- Desire to take full ownership of assigned projects and can work independently.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and visual presentation skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience within a marketing, advocacy or communications role in a charity, not-for-profit, social enterprise, or commercial organisation
- A broad understanding of the tech4dev space
- Working knowledge of overseeing design of a website in the charity or not-for-profit space.
- A marketing/comms qualification
- A background in or experience of journalism
Life is short. We believe work should be awesome, meaningful, and fun. At Simprints, we’re taking on global development’s biggest challenges, powered by an amazing culture and incredible people. Work with us, and you will grow faster, learn more, and take on great responsibilities with potential to make lasting change.
- Social impact. Simprints’ objective is to transform the way the world fights poverty by building technology that can help partners truly verify their impact. We can only do this in collaboration with incredible partners across the globe. Work with us in developing these partnerships, and be a part of a team that is impacting millions of the most vulnerable individuals in the world.
- Incredible, diverse team. Ask any “Simprintster” what their favourite thing about working at Simprints is, and the answer is consistently “the people.” Our work is at the intersection of technology and global development, and we’ve managed to build an amazing team drawn from 20 different nationalities with experience from the best technology companies, iNGOs, UN agencies, and universities around the world.
- Flexible hours. More efficient late at night? Better before the sun rises? That’s fine by us. As a company with a global team, we care more about getting the job done rather than keeping track of everyone’s 9-5.
- Unlimited paid time off. We set high standards and goals, but give people the freedom to choose when and how to recharge. Join a team that trusts you with the job.
- Professional development and wellbeing. We promote continual learning with self-directed learning objectives, external mentors, and regular one-on-one feedback. We also put our money where our mouth is with a dedicated ‘Learning & Wellness’ budget, managed by our Talent and Operations team.
Simprints is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves in our firm commitment to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace. We aim to attract, hire, grow, and retain the most qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, ability, religion, nationality, age, sexuality, and other differences. The salary range for this role will be £47-£51K dependent on experience. We encourage interested and suitable candidates who are part of underrepresented groups to apply for this position.
- Read C2 ProficiencyWrite C2 ProficiencySpeak C2 Proficiency