M-22136 Engineer specialized in electrical and electronic prototyping
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment, and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You ‘d like to contribute as a researcher? Join our Materials Research and Technology department
Through its research into advanced materials and processes, the “Materials Research and Technology” (MRT) department, with its 200 researchers and engineers, contributes to the emergence of enabling technologies that underpin the innovation processes of local and international industry. MRT’s activities hinge on four thematic pillars: nanomaterials and nanotechnology, scientific instrumentation and process technology, structural composites, and functional polymers.
The department also includes four high-tech platforms, focusing on composites, prototyping, characterization and testing. These platforms serve both LIST research staff, and other stakeholders in Luxembourg.
How will you contribute?
You will participate to the development of electronics and mechatronics aspects of new processes or new scientific instruments in the Prototyping Engineering Platform. You will report to the Platform Pole Leader.
Your activities will include:
- Participating to meetings in the framework of projects,
- Understanding requests from stakeholders and translate them into a working plan,
- Understanding systems and be able to propose improvements,
- Documenting the work to ensure guarantee the traceability of the developments,
- Designing and manufacture electrical schematics,
- Programing PLC,
- Developing and assemble electrical cabinets and racks,
- Carrying out functional tests on process equipment or scientific instruments,
- Following up projects in repair or maintenance operations,
- Following up processes with manufacturers and supplier
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
You Hold an Engineer degree in electronics, mechatronics or a related field or equivalent experience.
You like electronics device design and you have Hands-on hardware experience.
The Knowledge in CAD for payload integration and mechanical issues resolving is more than welcome. Additionally, knowledge in EDA (Eagle, KiCAD, or equivalent) and knowledge in analogical electronics and signal treatment, numerical protocols (I2C, SPI), hardware microcontroller/microcomputer programming (e. g. Arduino, Raspberry)
You have Interpersonal skills, attitude to teamwork, both with the internal team and with external stakeholders, knowledge in PLC programming. You work with autonomy in the management of technical and organizational issues.
You’re the one we’re looking for!
French is considered as an advantage.
German or Luxembourgish are considered as an asset
Your LIST benefits
- An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects.
- Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society.
- Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations such as our Viswall, high-scale incubators and top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do.
- Multicultural and international work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce.
- Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions.
- Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science.
- 32 days paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, flexible working hours, 13-month salary, statutory health insurance and access to lunch vouchers.
- Personalized learning programme to foster our staff’s soft and technical skills.
- An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation, and entrepreneurship in all areas.
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience.
- A CV with contact details.
- List of realisations (projects, publications, patents, if applicable).
Application procedure and conditions:
- LIST is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age, or disability.
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
- An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities.
- The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above.
- Read B2 Upper intermediateWrite B2 Upper intermediateSpeak B2 Upper intermediate