Engineering Manager - Remote
Simprints is a nonprofit tech company with a mission to radically increase transparency and effectiveness in global development. We build ethical, inclusive digital ID powered by biometrics to ensure that every vaccine, every dollar, and every public good reaches the people who need them most. Simprints partners with organisations like Gavi to boost immunisation rates in developing countries, Ministries of Health like Ghana on pandemic response, and NGOs like BRAC to deliver maternal healthcare. Studies have shown Simprints increases impact through real-time, precision data, for example increasing maternal health visits by 38% in Bangladesh or accurate HIV tracing by 62% in Malawi. Today we’ve worked in over 17 countries helping deliver health, aid, and finance to >2.5M people.
About the Role
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our growing tech team. You will work in an agile, collaborative team with a commitment to clean code, robust design, and a strong continuous learning and improvement culture. If supporting and empowering a team to build technology for global health sounds exciting, we want to meet you!
This is a remote job; we like collaboration and speak to each other several times a day - between 10am and 3pm UK time. Therefore, for the time being, we are prioritising applicants from the UK / France / Poland / Bulgaria / Romania, but other locations may be considered for the right candidate.
At Simprints, we want everyone to feel ownership of the tasks they are working on, starting from your first day. Within the first month, we’ll get you access to all of our systems, and you will be familiar with the team and our processes in no time. By your third month, you will be working with the team in designing, implementing and refining our ways of working. In six months, you will be line managing engineers and will be responsible for their personal growth and development.
- Supporting, coaching and leading in a fast-paced, cross-functional product & engineering team to deliver high-impact and high-quality work.
- Building a strong and enjoyable engineering culture.
- Guiding the personal and professional development of individual engineers.
- Evolving our ways of working, designing team processes and developing us into an outstanding engineering organisation.
- You'll be deeply involved with expanding the team and helping us hire the right people from all backgrounds.
- A passionate problem solver who can help us find a way to achieve our mission.
- Experience and enthusiasm to lead, support and develop our team towards success in their projects and individual careers.
- A background in engineering that enables you to understand technical challenges and help the team push through them.
- You care about helping others to achieve their goals, mentoring & coaching them.
- You believe great communication is key and are able to articulate yourself through both excellent written documentation and conversation.
- You thrive when given a high level of responsibility and autonomy and are comfortable with the pace and uncertainties of a startup environment.
- A minimum of 2/3 years in an engineering manager role or similar
Life is short. We believe work should be awesome, meaningful, and fun. At Simprints we’re taking on global development’s biggest challenges, powered by an amazing culture and incredible people. Work with us, and you will grow faster, learn more, and take on great responsibilities with potential to make lasting change.
- Social impact. Work directly with our partners and users to deliver technology that has the potential to impact millions of lives.
- Incredible, diverse team. Ask any “Simployee” what their favourite thing about working at Simprints is, and the answer is likely to be “the people.” Our work is at the intersection of technology and global development, and we’ve managed to build an amazing team drawn from the best technology companies, iNGOs, UN agencies, and universities around the world.
- Flexible hours. More efficient late at night? Better before the sun rises? That’s fine by us. We are looking for people who get the job done, not for people who work between 9am and 5pm.
- Unlimited paid time off. We set high standards and goals, but give people the freedom to choose when and how to recharge. Join a team that trusts you with the job.
- Professional development and wellbeing. We promote continual learning with self-directed learning objectives, external mentors, and regular one-on-one feedback. We also put our money where our mouth is with a dedicated ‘Learning ’ budget, managed by our Talent and Operations team.
- Fieldwork around the world. We try to ensure that every role—from software engineer to strategic partnerships lead—gets a chance to travel with the team and see our impact in person if they want to.
Simprints is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves in our firm commitment to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace. We aim to attract, hire, grow, and retain the most qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, ability, religion, nationality, age, sexuality, and other differences. We encourage interested and suitable candidates who are part of underrepresented groups to apply for this position.
We are recruiting on a rolling basis for this role. With that in mind, we advise candidates to apply as soon as possible as we will be reviewing applicants on a first come first served basis. This vacancy will be closed once a suitable candidate is identified.
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced