IM-2315 DEPOSITION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF HIGH ENTROPY ALLOYS INTERNSHIP
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You ‘d like to contribute as an intern? Join our Materials Research and Technology department
Through its research into advanced materials and processes, the “Materials Research and Technology” (MRT) department, with its 200 researchers and engineers, contributes to the emergence of enabling technologies that underpin the innovation processes of local and international industry. MRT’s activities hinge on four thematic pillars: nanomaterials and nanotechnology, scientific instrumentation and process technology, structural composites, and functional polymers.
The department also includes four high-tech platforms, focusing on composites, prototyping, characterization and testing. These platforms serve both LIST research staff, and other stakeholders in Luxembourg.
How will you contribute?
As an MRT intern, you will participate in the ongoing investigations about:
- The deposition of 4 and 5 multicomponent films by MS (e.g. Al-Cu-Ni-Ti, Cr-Nb-Ti-Zr, Hf-Nb-Ta-Zr, Hf-Nb-Ti-Zr, Mo-Nb-Ta-W Mo Nb-Ti-Zr, Al-Cr-Fe-Ni-Mo or Al-Cr-Cu-Fe-Ni), where a combinational approach using 4 targets will be explored.
- The characterization of the deposited films, e.g. X-ray diffraction (XRD), Scanning electron microscopy (SEM), Energy dispersive Spectroscopy (EDS).
The mechanical properties of the new deposited films will be evaluated in collaboration with a postdoctoral researcher from the group.
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
- You are currently completing a master’s degree in Chemistry, Applied Physics, Materials Science or related fields.
Experience and skills
- Orientation towards experimental work.
- Good level both written and spoken English. French is considered an asset.
Your LIST benefits
An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects;
Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society;
Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations such as our Viswall, high-scale incubators and top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do;
Multicultural and international work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce;
Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions;
Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science;
32 days’ paid annual leave for a full time internship, 11 public holidays per annum, flexible working hours,
An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all areas.
Your application must include a motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience.
Application procedure and conditions:
- LIST is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability;
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled;
- An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities;
- The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above.
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced
- Read B1 IntermediateWrite B1 IntermediateSpeak B1 Intermediate