Senior Project Analyst - Remote
Simprints is a nonprofit tech company with a mission to radically increase transparency and effectiveness in global development. We build ethical, inclusive digital ID powered by biometrics to ensure that every vaccine, every dollar, and every public good reaches the people who need them most. Simprints partners with organisations like Gavi to boost immunisation rates in developing countries, Ministries of Health like Ghana on pandemic response, and NGOs like BRAC to deliver maternal healthcare. Studies have shown Simprints increases impact through real-time, precision data, for example increasing maternal health visits by 38% in Bangladesh or accurate HIV tracing by 62% in Malawi. Today we’ve worked in over 17 countries helping deliver health, aid, and finance to >2.5M people.
We are currently only accepting applications from individuals based in the UK, Ghana or Ethiopia
We are looking for a full-time Project Analyst to join our team. You will be leveraging a wealth of data from projects and management information systems to help improve the quality of life for beneficiaries around the world and enable data-driven decision making at Simprints.
This work will interface with every part of Simprints. You will be part of a passionate Delivery team working together to solve some of the world's most intractable problems. Solving real-world problems and shaping how data is used by Simprints and our partners, you will need to have a passion for revealing the real-life implications of data, and a commitment to collaborative problem solving, robust design, and quality product. Past experience with data analyses and the genuine desire to develop world-class skills are essential. Experience working with data collection tools commonly used in international development, global health and research (e.g. CommCare, SurveyCTO, DHIS2) will be helpful, as will experience with data visualization and dashboarding platforms.
- Revealing the real life implications of information hidden in programme data and coming up with high quality recommendations
- Visually communicating information clearly, including through interactive dashboards to help our project teams and impact partners understand and improve their programmes
- Developing and calculating metrics to track the performance and progress of our projects
- Working with cutting edge biometric technology to help partners improve data quality
- Collaborating with Data Scientists to develop and maintain data models and company-wide dashboards
- Building out team analytics capabilities by contributing to reviews and design decisions
- Comfort with a scripting language (like Python or R) and a relevant data analysis package (e.g. Pandas) and experience with SQL
- Analytical mindset and ability to break down complex ideas into simple pieces
- Experience cleaning, exploring, and drawing insights from complex data pipelines
- Ability to communicate insights to a wide audience, e.g. through data visualization, ideally experience in developing interactive dashboards
- Experience with git and running analyses in the cloud
- Experience running statistical analyses
What we value
- Integrity. You have an unwavering commitment to ‘confronting the grey’ in all areas of your work, and encourage transparency in all your interactions.
- Problem-solving. You understand the importance of rigorously detailed data, and have a strong ability to synthesise complex and potentially competing requirements, and convert them into recommendations that drive impact decisions.
- Curiosity. You have a desire to think innovatively and explore and understand how different perspectives and complex data blend together to create the bigger picture and context.
- Learning. You love learning new things, like to share what you learn, and can pick up new tools and methods quickly.
- Grit. You have a hands-on, can-do attitude and have the drive to dig deep into problems to discover pain points and features from multiple perspectives, and resilience to stay focused on a project to the end.
- Passion. If being part of a team that designs and deploys technology for global health sounds exciting, we want to meet you!
Life is short. We believe work should be awesome, meaningful, and fun. At Simprints we’re taking on global development’s biggest challenges, powered by an amazing culture and incredible people. Work with us, and you will grow faster, learn more, and take on great responsibilities with potential to make lasting change.
- Social impact. Work directly with our partners and users to deliver technology that has the potential to impact millions of lives.
- Incredible, diverse team. Ask any “Simployee” what their favourite thing about working at Simprints is, and the answer is likely to be “the people.” Our work is at the intersection of technology and global development, and we’ve managed to build an amazing team drawn from the best technology companies, iNGOs, UN agencies, and universities around the world.
- Flexible hours. More efficient late at night? Better before the sun rises? That’s fine by us. We are looking for people who get the job done, not for people who work between 9am and 5pm.
- Unlimited paid time off. We set high standards and goals, but give people the freedom to choose when and how to recharge. Join a team that trusts you with the job.
- Professional development. We promote continual learning with self-directed learning objectives, external mentors, and regular one-on-one feedback. We also put our money where our mouth is with a dedicated ‘Learning ’ budget, managed by our Talent and Operations team.
- Personalised Wellbeing. Each of our “Simployees” have access to Juno, an online marketplace with hundreds of wellbeing products and services to choose from.
- Fieldwork around the world. We try to ensure that every role—from software engineer to strategic partnerships lead—gets a chance to travel with the team and see our impact in person if they want to.
The salary for this role will be circa £37,000 dependent on experience
Simprints is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves in our firm commitment to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace. We aim to attract, hire, grow, and retain the most qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, ability, religion, nationality, age, sexuality, and other differences. We encourage interested and suitable candidates who are part of underrepresented groups to apply for this position.
We are recruiting on a rolling basis for this role. With that in mind, we advise candidates to apply as soon as possible as we will be reviewing applicants on a first come first served basis. This vacancy will be closed once a suitable candidate has been identified.
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced