FA-2322 – DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
How you contribution can impact research in Luxembourg?
At LIST, we empower citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
And most importantly, we empower our employees, nurture our existing talents, and strive to attract new ones! We rely on a culture of transparency, high safety standards, recognition of our employees, and respect for people and decisions, and foster a spirit of entrepreneurship within our organization. Everyone at LIST has a role to play, from our researchers to our support teams, which consist of 150 experts in human resources, finance and administration, IT operations, legal affairs and communication. At LIST’s core is excellence and a passion for impact with the will to excel both nationally and internationally; we are seeking people who identify with these values, enjoy taking on the challenges of our ambitious projects and have a strong collaborative spirit.
Looking for an inspiring mission as Director of Administration and Finance?
The Director of Administration & Finance (DAF) envisions, develops and implements strategies and policies in alignment with the LIST strategy aimed at building, improving and managing effective and streamlined administrative, financial and operational systems.
The DAF is part of the LIST Executive Committee and works together with its members to develop and implement strategies across the organisation; serves as a business partner to the CEO on the areas under their responsibility; and serves as a primary staff liaison to the Board of Directors and subcommittees on financial matters.
The DAF leads, supports and manages a team of more than 100 employees organised in service units and teams that include, among others, finance, accounting, procurement, performance management, information technology & information systems (IT/IS), information security, quality, compliance, health, safety & environment (HSE), infrastructure, and administrative support.
- Directs and monitors budgets and strategic financial planning to ensure that resources are appropriately allocated to LIST priorities and aligned with strategic plans.
- Ensures sound financial management of research, development and innovation (RDI) funds and grants, ensuring compliance with LIST and funding institutions' rules.
- Directs the production of annual financial reports, audit activities, and other information reports and requests; ensures accuracy and integrity of reporting.
- Leads the development and implementation of an IT/IS strategy that meets LIST’s needs, delivers optimal return on investment, and maintains utmost security.
- Ensures that IT, IS, and network infrastructure adequately support administrative and RDI activity and establishes long-term plans and strategies for developing and/or acquiring systems, software and hardware necessary to support LIST operations.
- Provides the vision and leadership necessary to manage IT/IS security risks and ensures effective deployment of measures to guarantee the availability, integrity and confidentiality of the information and data. It includes the leadership of a business continuity plan (BCP) and a disaster recovery plan (DRP).
- Ensures efficient and safe functioning of the infrastructure of LIST’s sites & facilities and its various components, ensuring compliance with LIST, local policies and regulations.
- Leads the definition, implementation and application of sound HSE policy and system to mitigate any risk for employees or to eliminate sources of danger.
- Devises and implements a building strategy in line with LIST’s strategic orientation.
Do you consider taking the challenge on? What’s the ideal profile for this mission?
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to engender trust, respect, and credibility. Capacity for managing and leading people, enforcing accountability, developing and empowering the managers and employees under their responsibility.
- In-depth knowledge of financial management, planning, reporting, and integrated budgeting practices backed by a strong background and track record in finance and administration, as well as relevant experience in cost reduction programs.
- Ability to produce accurate and relevant institutional metrics, benchmarked to peer institutions; ability to guide leadership in data-informed decision-making.
- Ability to align IT/IS initiatives and programs with the organisation's strategy and needs. Experience in defining and implementing IT/IS strategies and optimisation programs, and monitoring IT KPIs.
- Sound experience in the development and implementation of plans to meet operations, facility management and HSE strategic goals, and the set-up of operating policies and processes. Track record on the conduct of process improvement programs. Experience in Risk & Compliance management.
- Strong analytical, critical and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to envision strategies, establish priorities, and influence others to achieve strategic goals.
- Relevant experience in the leadership of change management process. Ability to negotiate and compromise.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Demonstrated building collaborative relationships with a diverse range of internal and external constituencies.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience is required, preferably in technological or innovation-driven organisations, and at least 5 years of experience in senior management positions.
- Language skills: Fluent in French and English, Luxembourgish is desirable.
The LIST environment is:
- A value-driven work organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects.
- Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society;
- A research technology organisation with Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations such as our Viswall, high-scale incubators and top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do.
- A growing institution in which we constantly look for the next innovation and where all ideas are welcome
- A place where we learn and work together to improve our processes continuously. A no-blame culture where teamwork is important valued and lived daily.
- A multicultural and international work environment with more than 55 nationalities represented in our workforce.
- A diverse and inclusive workplace empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions, gender friendly
- A healthy work-life balance with the possibility of home-office
Please apply online:
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience;
- A detailed CV
At the final stages of the recruitment process, the successful candidate can be asked to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested
Application procedure and conditions:
- LIST is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability;
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled;
- An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities;
- The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above.
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced
- Read B1 IntermediateWrite B1 IntermediateSpeak B1 Intermediate