The Internal Auditor is part of the corporate department of the Company. The Internal Auditor reports to the CEO.
The Internal Auditor establishes and executes the internal audit function, including formulating an internal audit charter in accordance with best current audit practice.
The Internal Auditor is responsible for keeping the employer accountable regarding internal company procedures and industry rules. The duty includes studying accounting records, preparing compliance reports, and supervising company workflows.
The Internal Auditor coordinates external audits, including the Annual Financial Audit.
Key activities for this position:
- Design and maintain a three-year (risk based) internal audit plan approved by the CEO, and undertake frequent reporting to the Management Board on audit related matters;
- Conduct internal audits;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the internal control system;
- Identify internal control gaps and deficiencies as well as opportunities for improvement by assisting in the development of recommendations;
- Coordinate external audits with statutory auditor or others;
- The Internal audits may include compliance audits, operational audits, financial audit and information technology audits:
- The compliance audit is an examination of conformity and adherence of a particular area, process, or system to policies, plans, procedures, laws, regulations, contracts, or other requirements that govern the conduct of the area, process, or system subject to audit.
- The operational audit is a review mainly focused on the internal controls of key processes, procedures, or systems. The main objective is to improve productivity, as well as efficiency and effectiveness of the operation.
- The financial audit is an objective examination and evaluation of the financial statements of an organization to make sure that the financial records are a fair and accurate representation of the transactions they claim to represent;
- The information technology audit is an examination of the management controls within IT applications, operating systems, databases, or the infrastructure. Reviews may be focused exclusively on IT or performed in conjunction with a compliance, operational, or financial audit.
- Work closely with the Risk Management, Quality and Compliance department.
University Degree (3 years after A Level), fluent in English with excellent written and spoken skills;
Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
Interpersonal skills :
- Ability to work in a multicultural team;
- Have a capacity to investigate thoroughly with integrity and independence of judgement;
- Have a synthetic mind with a pragmatic view to find the right solution;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills;
- Highly trustworthy;
- Open-minded and proactive;
- Dynamic, flexible, and reliable.
Technical skills :
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills to review large amounts of data and numbers ;
- Excellent mathematical skills to verify entries;
- Excellent research skills to find all related information needed;
- Good critical thinking skills to gather all of the available data and make informed decisions;
- Proficiency in accounting software and spreadsheets;
- Any control qualification certification would be beneficial (CIA, CISA, etc.).
⦁ Salary paid on 13 months basis;
⦁ 31 days holidays per year;
⦁ Up to 40% of home office for Luxemburgish residents, 25% maximum for non residents;
⦁ 150 Euros per month towards transportation (Bus/Train) or full reimbursement of parking tickets outside the office;
⦁ 50 Euros per month towards sport;
⦁ 18 Luncheon vouchers per month;
⦁ DKV complementary health insurance for you and your close family members (Optional);
⦁ Pension plan, including Life and Disability Benefits;
⦁ 1,000 Euros towards training per year.
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced