E-2424 POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER IN MICROBIAL METABOLOMICS
18 months contract | Belvaux
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
Do you want to know more about LIST ? check our website: https://www.list.lu/
Discover our Environmental Research and Innovation department: ERIN Department
How will you contribute?
You will be part of LIST’s Environmental Research and Innovation (ERIN) department.
The ERIN department is focusing on pressing environmental challenges our society is facing today. You will join the Environmental and Industrial Biotechnologies (BIOTECH) research unit at LIST.
As post-doctoral researcher, you will work in the frame of the BIOHOLISTIC project funded by the Luxembourg National Research Fund (FNR) through the WEAVE (Research Funding Without Borders) program involving research partners in Luxembourg (LIST), Sweden (Luleå Technical University), and Switzerland (ETH-Zürich).
BIOHOLISTIC aims to develop an integrated and sustainable process for valorising plastic wastes, which will be achieved by coupling thermochemical and microbial/enzymatic processes for the recovery and subsequent reuse of polymeric monomers with the production of high-value microbial metabolites with niche applications. You will work closely with other passionate researchers and industry partners in the project.
You will have to apply mass spectrometry-based metabolomics to assess metabolic pathway activity involved in the degradation of plastic by-products, which will be combined with transcriptomic and proteomic data.
You will also optimise microbial culture experiments using 13C-labelled substrates to assist in the elucidation of the mechanisms involved in the degradation of plastic by-products as well as in the production of targeted metabolic products.
Moreover, you will contribute to the dissemination, valorisation and transfer of RDI results through:
- Participation in the drafting of technical reports, scientific articles, patents and inventions,
- Participation in the implementation of technological solutions (proof-of-concepts, prototypes).
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
- You hold a PhD degree in biochemistry, bioengineering, microbiology, or a related field.
- You have excellent skills in mass spectrometry, analytical chemistry, and bioprocesses. Hands-on experience with microbial cultures, metabolomics data processing and bioinformatics are important for this position.
- You enjoy learning new things, using your creativity to solve problems.
- You are used to communicating effectively in English, both in writing and orally, and documenting your work.
- You are careful, conscientious, well organized in the lab and ready to work with others.
Your LIST benefits
- An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects
- Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society
- Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations in all that we do
- An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all areas
- Personalized learning programme to foster our staff’s soft and technical skills
- Multicultural and international work environment with more than 50 nationalities represented in our workforce
- Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions
- Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science
- 32 days’ paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, 13-month salary, statutory health insurance
- Flexible working hours, home working policy and access to lunch vouchers
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience
- A scientific CV with contact details
- Contact details of 2 references
Application procedure and conditions
- LIST is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled
- An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities
- The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced