ES-2312 EXPERIENCED LABORATORY ENGINEER
Are you passionate about space resources? So are we! Come and join us
The European Space Resources Innovation Centre (ESRIC) is a joint initiative of the Luxembourg Space Agency (LSA), the European Space Agency (ESA) and the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST). ESRIC aims to become an internationally recognized centre of expertise for scientific, technical, business and economic aspects related to the use of space resources for human and robotic exploration, as well as for a future in-space economy.
You ‘d like to contribute as an Engineer? Join us!
ESRIC is a brand-new initiative with challenging objectives and evolving in a rapidly changing international environment. Being part of this new adventure and contributing to build successful activities with ESRIC’s partners is common to all ESRIC’s positions.
ESRIC is implemented as a department of LIST, with a dedicated governance structure that includes its partners LSA, ESA and LIST. It is conducting activities along four main areas: Research and testing facilities, Business support and incubation, Knowledge management, and Community management.
To know more about ESRIC activities: www.esric.lu
How will you contribute?
You are a Laboratory Engineer with relevant experience in designing and implementing large research infrastructures, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders (including institutional ones), and with the ability to apply state-of-the-art technical competencies
- Oversee the implementation of the large infrastructure, including co-ordination between construction and manufacturing, and between all major stakeholders.
- Put in place an Equipment and Infrastructure delivery management plan and a utilisation plan for the commissioned laboratory.
- Develop a Health and Safety protocol for the facility, in close collaboration with our Health and Safety corporate team.
- Communicate with researchers, industrial partners and other potential users of the facility to ensure the project meets it objectives.
- Ensure timely delivery of the project using experience in project management
- Contributes to the achievement of strategic team goals.
Is your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
You hold a M.Sc. or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering and you have over 10 years of experience in the field.
You have proven project management implementation experience in laboratory or industrial facility.
You demonstrated the capability to work with autonomy with multiple stakeholders to achieve expected results on quality and time.
What ESRIC and LIST can offer
ESRIC has an ambitious development plan over the next years, adding further partners and expanding its activities. The team that you will be joining is expected to grow quickly with the possibility to see ESRIC evolve towards a self-standing entity in a few years.
Your ESRIC and LIST benefits
- An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects
- Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society
- Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations in all that we do
- An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all areas
- Personalized learning programme to foster our staff’s soft and technical skills
- Multicultural and international work environment with more than 50 nationalities represented in our workforce
- Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions
- Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science
- 32 days’ paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, 13-month salary, statutory health insurance
- Flexible working hours, home working policy and access to lunch vouchers
Has this vacancy caught your interest?
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience;
- A scientific CV with contact details;
- Contact details of 2 references.
Application procedure and conditions
- ESRIC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled
- An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities
- The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above.
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced