M-20100 EXPERIENCES RESEARCHER IN MOF/COF SYNTHESIS AND THEIR APPLICATIONS
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
Do you want to know more about LIST? Check our website: https://www.list.lu/
Discover our Materials department: https://www.list.lu/en/materials/
How will you contribute?
Your main mission will be to promote RD&I activities and recognition within the group and unit by acquiring funding, managing large RD&I projects and maintaining / further developing your profile in the relevant scientific and technological communities. As you will integrate a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) that is strongly project and team oriented, you should be comfortable securing funding and managing a sustainable project portfolio ranging from fundamental to industrial / application-oriented research.
As experienced researcher (recognized / track records / PI) in field of colloidal science, you will be in charge to design efficient micro or nanostructured powders for hydrogen storage application by investigating new nanomaterials starting from Group III nitride (BN, AlN) up to covalent or metal organic framework complexes. Besides energy storage application, you will investigate these materials for being used within other strategic domains from MRT such as composites reinforcement, thermal management, resistive sensor or the design of selective membrane. Ideally, you have a solid background in the field of stimuli responsive nanomaterial and nanoparticle synthesis.
In this context, you will lead the definition, and manage as PI, national and international RD&I projects of high complexity as well as multiannual and/or multidisciplinary RD&I projects. You will additionally lead and promote the dissemination, valorization and transfer of RD&I results (patents, licenses, prototypes, publications, technical reports, participation in conferences) and publish scientific results in high-quality peer-reviewed journals. Such efforts should be performed in strong collaboration with other members of the group, the unit and the department and will contribute to the development of Research & Technology activities in LIST. Moreover, you will actively contribute to the development of scientific and technological cooperation networks at the national and international level.
You should have an outstanding academic background and a very strong record of accomplishments as far as publications, patents and project management are concerned. Significant experience with application-oriented research is an asset including collaboration(s) with industry and transfer of RD&I results to public and/or private partners. Experience organizing and/or participating in multilateral research consortia (such as EU projects) would be a great advantage for this function.
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
You hold a PhD in Chemistry (colloidal, organic, inorganic, material) or physico-chemistry. You have post PhD seniority of at least 10 years experience. In addition to your leading skills in this filed, you are also an excellent team player who is be able to share your knowledge with students, engineers and researchers.
You are an open-minded person who likes to learn from the other group members. You are a solution provider for your team and for our partner. You enjoy contributing to current and future public or private public partnership project portfolio of MRT. If you are also fluent in English. You’re the one we’re looking for !
Your LIST benefits
- An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects
- Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society
- Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations in all that we do
- An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all areas
- Personalized learning programme to foster our staff’s soft and technical skills
- Multicultural and international work environment with more than 50 nationalities represented in our workforce
- Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions
- Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science
- 32 days’ paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, 13-month salary, statutory health insurance
- Flexible working hours, home working policy and access to lunch vouchers
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience
- A scientific CV with contact details
- List of publications (and patents, if applicable)
- Contact details of 2 references
Application procedure and conditions
- LIST is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled
- An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities
- The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced