I-2402 POSTDOC IN MODEL-DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT OF ADVANCED USER INTERFACES
4 years contract | Belval
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
Do you want to know more about LIST? Check our website: https://www.list.lu/
You’d like to contribute as a research support? Join our IT for Innovation Services department
The IT for Innovative Services (ITIS) department, with its 100 researchers and engineers, shapes the transformation of business and society by developing technologies that help organisations through their digital transition in order to build a sustainable and resilient future, all while putting privacy, security and trustworthiness at the core.
We help our partners to create truly smart applications to manage their operations more efficiently, take better decisions and comply with a rapidly evolving regulatory environment.
Together, we push the frontiers of innovation for the following application domains: mobility, logistics, smart cities, industry 4.0, health tech, education tech, space, and defence.
We leverage the power of data and Artificial Intelligence, and we combine it with technology and domain knowledge to build up an exceptional portfolio of smart and sustainable solutions.
How will you contribute?
You will be contributing to the research and development of the software platform for the BESSER project, aimed at building better smart software faster. By smart software we mean software that combines traditional and AI-based components.
In particular, you’ll be working on the development of new modelling languages for defining advanced user interfaces, combining visualizations paired with conversational user interfaces to provide each user profile with the right tools to better understand the information presented by the system.
As such, your work will include the conceptualization of user interface components (again, including visualizations, animations, conversations) and the right languages and tool to be able to specify and later generate such interfaces as part of the BESSER low-code platform.
A combination of modelling and social / user experience techniques will be used.
You will be in charge of:
- Extending the BESSER platform with new languages and components to create various types of user interfaces that can work together as part of multi-experience development environment.
- Implementing the editors and generators for these languages and techniques with the proper tests and documentation
- Integrate them into the BESSER platform
- Empirically evaluate the usability and benefits of such techniques by conducting appropriate user studies
- Participate in research papers and materials presenting and promoting the platform
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
PhD in Computer Science (or similar)
Experience and skills
- User interfaces
- Data visualization
- User-centered design methodologies
- Conducting and publishing research in these topics
· Excellent level of English.
Your LIST benefits
- An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects
- Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society
- Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations in all that we do
- An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all areas
- Personalized learning programme to foster our staff’s soft and technical skills
- Multicultural and international work environment with more than 50 nationalities represented in our workforce
- Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions
- Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science
- 32 days’ paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, 13-month salary, statutory health insurance
- Flexible working hours, home working policy and access to lunch vouchers
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience.
- A scientific CV with contact details.
- List of publications (and patents, if applicable)
- Contact details of 2 references.
Application procedure and conditions:
- LIST is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled
- An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities
- The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above
Candidates shall be available for starting their position in January 2024 ideally. Position might last until the end of the BESSER project (31/03/2028)
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced