M-2345 PROJECT OFFICER
2 years contract
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You'd like to contribute as a researcher? Join our Materials Research and Technology department
Through its research into advanced materials and processes, the “Materials Research and Technology” (MRT) department, with its 200 researchers and engineers, contributes to the emergence of enabling technologies that underpin the innovation processes of local and international industry. MRT’s activities hinge on four thematic pillars: nanomaterials and nanotechnology, scientific instrumentation and process technology, structural composites, and functional polymers.
The department also includes four high-tech platforms, focusing on composites, prototyping, characterization and testing. These platforms serve both LIST research staff, and other stakeholders in Luxembourg.
How will you contribute?
As member of MRT’s Director’s Office, you will have the responsibility to coordinate the administrative part of various projects. The main duties of the Project Officer are to:
- Support the Principal Investigators (PI) in the submission and the management of their projects and activities
- Reduce project risks in terms of administrative, contractual, and financial management
- Monitor in close collaboration with the PI the expenses, revenues of the project to avoid any deviation
- Ensure that project management good practices are implemented according to the LIST processes, project management best practices as well as the project specifics
The Project Officer is the privileged partner of the PI in all aspects related to project management and interfaces with the different corporate LIST services (legal team,..)
Under the responsibility of the head of the Director’s Office, his/her main duties are:
- Contribute to the definition and submission of projects
- Monitor the progress of the projects and provide the necessary administrative/financial/contractual support in collaboration with corporate services
- Manage the relation with the external coordinator of projects (Horizon Europe, Digital Europe, Interreg, etc.…) and with funding agencies
- Collect the necessary information for the billing, account closing, statements and reports addressed to the funding sources
- Put in place project documentation and update information systems
- Implement procedures to harmonize the different process steps
- Organize and prepare project related meetings as well as the closing and archiving of projects
- Participate in project audits
Projects portfolio management and budget preparation:
- Prepare unit/group project reviews
- Deliver dashboards and reports for the monitoring of the department’s projects portfolio
- Participate in the annual budget preparation
The Project Officer Partner also contributes to:
- The definition, implementation and application of new procedures and project management tools
- The identification of the specific needs of the PI and the definition of solutions, in close collaboration with the other LIST services
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
- Hold a higher education degree in business administration, project and/or quality management, or in a technical or scientific area
Experience and skills
- Have at least 5 years of professional experience in project management
- Have completed training in project management techniques, methods, and tools
- Have good knowledge in financial project management and accounting
- Be familiar with the research environment, the rules of the various research funding agencies and the forms of intellectual property protection.
- Have good knowledge of standard office software, in particular EXCEL
- Experience in the submission and management of European projects is considered as an asset
- A customer-oriented service and solution-oriented approach is essential
- Be autonomous and detail oriented, possess strong organizational and coordination skills
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a good team player
- Successfully manage stressful situations and priorities, have a positive attitude to deal with them
- Proactive work behaviour
- Be able to interact at all levels of the organization
On top of this, you’re highly motivated and strong team worker. You are fluent in French and English. You’re the one we’re looking for!
Your LIST benefits
- An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects;
- Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society.
- Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations such as our Viswall, high-scale incubators and top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do;
- Multicultural and international work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce;
- Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfill their personal and professional ambitions;
- Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science;
- 32 days paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, flexible working hours, 13-month salary, statutory health insurance and access to lunch vouchers;
- Personalized learning programme to foster our staff’s soft and technical skills;
- An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all areas.
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience;
- A CV with contact details;
- Contact details of 2 references.
Application procedure and conditions:
- LIST is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability;
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled;
- An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities;
- The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above.
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced