E-2408 POSTDOCTORAL IN SOCIAL LIFE CYCLE ASSESSMENT & LIFE CYCLE SUST. ASSESSMENT
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
Do you want to know more about LIST? Check our website: https://www.list.lu/
Discover our Environmental Research and Innovation department: ERIN Department
How will you contribute?
You will contribute to multiple projects. First, within the CIRCUSTAIN project (funded by the Luxembourg Research Fund), you should perform S-LCA, focusing on labour aspects, and conventional LCSA of identified circular and linear systems. You willl support in developing methods to assess socio-economic tradeoffs and synergies of biobased systems, within the Horizon Europe funded project LCA4BIO. Finally, for the Horizon Europe funded project FUEL-UP project, you will initiate the social impact and sustainability evaluation using dedicated life cycle methods.
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
A PhD focused on life cycle method application and/or development.
Experience and skills
- Proven knowledge and/or experience in Sustainability Assessment, in particular Life Cycle Methods, focusing on Social Life Cycle Assessment (S-LCA) and Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment (LCSA)
- Knowledge of commercial LCA and Social LCA software and databases
- Proven organizational skills and interdisciplinary thinking, a problem-solving mind-set, and a strong team-working capability, but is also able to work in autonomy and creatively.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of application of LCSA to circular and biobased systems
- Knowledge and/or experience in Multiple-criteria decision analysis (MCDA) methods
- Knowledge and/or experience in social life cycle impact assessment methodology and its development, in particular causal inference modelling
- Knowledge of a programming language (Python preferred)
- Good level both written and spoken English
- Knowledge of German and/or French and/or Luxembourgish is consider as an asset.
Your LIST benefits
- An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects
- Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society
- Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations in all that we do
- An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all areas
- Personalized learning programme to foster our staff’s soft and technical skills
- Multicultural and international work environment with more than 50 nationalities represented in our workforce
- Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions
- Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science
- 32 days’ paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, 13-month salary, statutory health insurance
- Flexible working hours, home working policy and access to lunch vouchers
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience
- A scientific CV with contact details
- List of publications (and patents, if applicable)
- Contact details of 2 references
Application procedure and conditions
- LIST is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled
- An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities
- The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced
- Read B2 Upper intermediateWrite B2 Upper intermediateSpeak B2 Upper intermediate
- Read B1 IntermediateWrite B1 IntermediateSpeak B1 Intermediate
- Read A2 ElementaryWrite A2 ElementarySpeak A2 Elementary