M-2344 POSTDOCTORAL position IN NANOMATERIAL CHEMISTRY FOR SENSOR
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us.
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
Do you want to know more about LIST? Check our website: https://www.list.lu/
Discover our Materials department: https://www.list.lu/en/materials/
How will you contribute?
For a gas sensing application technology, you will investigate the synthesis and combination of Metal oxide and Group III Nitride as innovative 3D or 2D colloids or electrospun microfibre. You will use bottom-up and top-down synthesis for achieving your goals. The technology will have to be up scalable by design and reliable. You will characterize the gas sensing properties and their integration on a gas microsensor. To this extend some innovative casting technology can be investigated (e.g. Inkjet printing or electrodeposition). You will work in closed collaboration with a growing company. created in 2019, VOCSens develops innovative gas microsensors for remote environmental monitoring, industrial, security and health applications, from device to highly system level (www.vocsens.com).
The candidate will have to analyze the sensitive materials with diverse tools, such as TEM, SEM, DLS, XRD, XPS; and characterize the electrical properties The sensitivity of the devices to various gas mixtures will be evaluated using a programmable gas mixing system combined with an optimized test chamber and a multiplexed conductometric measurement set-up. In addition, the candidate will also contribute to design small prototypes made in collaboration with VOCSens.
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
You hold a master degree in Colloidal chemistry, Inorganic chemistry, chemistry of Materials, has a strong team work spirit and strong motivation. Additionally, you have a pronounced taste for making research with impact in collaboration with company. You are able to manage your time in order to have a perfect synchronization of the dedicated tools. You have a proven track records in the field on in related field. Ideally, you have already work in RTO or apply research centre.
You are also able to communicate easily with external people (VOCSens) in a logic of identifying the strengths and drawbacks of the technology for product-oriented development.
On top of this. You are fluent in English. You’re the one we’re looking for !
Your LIST benefits
- An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects.
- Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society.
- Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations such as our Viswall, high-scale incubators and top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do;
- Multicultural and international work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce;
- Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions;
- Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science;
- 32 days paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, flexible working hours, 13-month salary, statutory health insurance and access to lunch vouchers;
- Personalized learning programme to foster our staff’s soft and technical skills;
- An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all areas.
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience.
- A scientific CV with contact details.
- List of publications (and patents, if applicable);
- Contact details of 2 references.
Application procedure and conditions:
- LIST is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability;
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled;
- An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities;
- The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above.
- Read B2 Upper intermediateWrite B2 Upper intermediateSpeak B2 Upper intermediate
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced