Junior Capacity Allocation Specialist @ JAO
About our company:
"Our vision is to drive towards a fairer and stronger European electricity market"
Located in Luxembourg, we are a service company that hosts Europe's single leading trading platform( e-CAT) for cross-border transmission capacity. On behalf of TSOs, we auction the available long and short-term transmission capacity rights on all internal EU borders.
On the 1st of October 2018, JAO became the Single Allocation Platform (SAP) for all European Transmission System Operators (TSOs) that operate in accordance to EU legislation, since it is able to implement and fulfill all regulatory obligations and requirements. We provide accounting (clearing and settlement), contracting, reporting and project support services.
About the job:
We're seeking for a Junior Capacity Specialist
, reporting to the Operations Team Leader. Working under the Operations Manager's guidance, the Junior Capacity Allocation Specialist will be first point of contact for Market Participants and TSOs, they will be performing all operational tasks in order to ensure the smooth running of process such as auction, market coupling according to the respective procedures.
The Junior Capacity Allocation Specialist will be based in our Luxembourg office and be part of the Operations Department. They will work with a variety of colleagues who will help them gain valuable knowledge and experience in the energy industry. In this role, they will be a key contributor in supporting and controlling the operations that are in line with the business purposes. On a daily basis, they will need to identify problems and drive sustainable and high impact solutions.
Given the vital role of electricity in our daily lives, the Junior Capacity Allocation Specialist is expected to work on specific weekends, bank holidays, and late shifts (until 11:00 pm). This schedule provides the opportunity to have free time during the week, minimize commuting hours, and enjoy quality family time in a unique manner.
Strong customer orientation, effective communication skills with stakeholders, and a solid command of English are crucial.
Key Activities in the position:
- Operate and monitor process such as explicit auction, market coupling, publication, single intraday coupling, congestion income by verifying dedicated checkpoints and following the agreed processes and procedures;
- Respond to customers in a timely manner addressing their queries or reported issues and escalate when needed;
- Identify and intervene in case of deviation from normal process by raising alerts, coordinate with the relevant team for advanced troubleshooting and follow fallback process if needed;
- Be the first point of contact of external parties through different channels, and respond to customers in a timely manner addressing their queries or reported issues and escalate when needed;
- First level investigation and troubleshooting on any upcoming issue;
- Support market / Operations initiatives by joining specific internal taskforce(s);
- Participate in internal discussions and brainstorming sessions to drive change initiatives within the Operations department;
- Provide feedback and continuous improvement ideas on procedure on day to day at Operations;
- Preparation of operational reports detailing, KPIs, issues.
We are looking for someone with the following skills set:
- Proficient in MS Office more particularly in Excel;
- General knowledge about IT systems and network;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Consistency, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Natural curiosity;
- Proactive approach on initiatives;
- Deliver on promises and made commitments;
- Go the extra mile, owning a problem, and keen to volunteer for new tasks;
- Able to prioritizing and structure work logically and efficiently;
- Actively listen to customers and colleagues and use the available options to give an answer.
⦁ Salary paid on 13 months basis;
⦁ 31 days holidays per year;
⦁ Up to 40% of home office for Luxemburgish residents, 25% maximum for non residents;
⦁ 150 Euros per month towards transportation (Bus/Train) or full reimbursement of parking tickets outside the office;
⦁ 50 Euros per month towards sport;
⦁ 18 Luncheon vouchers per month;
⦁ DKV complementary health insurance for you and your close family members (Optional);
⦁ Pension plan, including Life and Disability Benefits;
⦁ 1,000 Euros towards training per year.
In an industry that poses unique challenges and operates under stringent regulations, we strongly encourage creativity and innovation in the day-to-day work, fostering an environment that nurtures professional development and drives us forward. Join us for new professional adventures !
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced