M-2414 POST-DOC RESISTIVE LOSS OF LOW-RUGOSITY ELECTRODES AT MM-WAVE FREQUENCIES
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
Do you want to know more about LIST? Check our website: https://www.list.lu/
Discover our Materials department: https://www.list.lu/en/materials/
How will you contribute?
You will work in developing a quantitative model for electrode-induced insertion loss of microstrip devices at mm-wave frequencies, considering all relevant electrode parameters. In this context, you will design and produce of suitable microstrip transmission lines based on the different electrodes, their characterization at frequencies up to 110 GHz under different environmental conditions using a Vector Network Analyzer, and the determination of the electrode loss from the results. Possible effects of metallic or non-metallic passivation layers also will be considered. To develop a quantitative model with predictive power, the experimental work is complemented by Finite Element Modelling using the COMSOL software package.
Aided by other project participants, you will undertake the experimental work to characterize the different electrodes, develop the COMSOL model and scientifically evaluate the results. You will also take part in meetings with the industrial partner and present these results at scientific conferences and in publications.
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
- You hold a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Experimental Solid State Physics, Materials Science or a related subject, and wish to carry out impactful, high quality research in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues.
- You have a pronounced taste for numerical modelling.
- Additionally, you have a background in high-frequency electrical characterization or microwave technology and like to work on an application-oriented topic with partners both from academia and industry. A good knowledge of Finite Element Modelling using COMSOL or a related software package is an essential asset for this position. You enjoy learning new things, using your creativity to solve problems, and taking advantage of opportunities to build your skills.
- You are used to communicating effectively in English, both in writing and orally, and documenting your work.
- You are careful, conscientious, and well organized.
- On top of this, you’re a strong team worker and highly motivated to make a difference with your work.
Your LIST benefits
- An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects
- Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society
- Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations in all that we do
- An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all areas
- Personalized learning programme to foster our staff’s soft and technical skills
- Multicultural and international work environment with more than 50 nationalities represented in our workforce
- Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions
- Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science
- 32 days’ paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, 13-month salary, statutory health insurance
- Flexible working hours, home working policy and access to lunch vouchers
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience
- A scientific CV with contact details
- List of publications (and patents, if applicable)
- Contact details of 2 references
Application procedure and conditions
- LIST is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled
- An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities
- The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above
- Read C1 AdvancedWrite C1 AdvancedSpeak C1 Advanced